• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
Surely you've gotta go Moya? Until you're good at the game, anyways. Then you take spuds like Johannson or Kafelnikov.
yeh Moya is unbeatable on that game, i use to play it heaps and yes i always played as haas...

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn, Hewitt got through. Did anyone else see him tell someone in the crowd to 'shut the **** up'? Not that it's a rare occurrence of course.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hingis just won, she played pretty damn well, beating Zvonareva that easily is pretty ominous, lets hope she can go a long way in this tournament..

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Hingis just won, she played pretty damn well, beating Zvonareva that easily is pretty ominous, lets hope she can go a long way in this tournament..
I'm hoping for a Maria and Martina final :D

She was awesome though... played some good tennis too!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adamc said:
Damn, Hewitt got through. Did anyone else see him tell someone in the crowd to 'shut the **** up'? Not that it's a rare occurrence of course.
:laugh:
Yeah I saw that. I think it was actually Vik's coach

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Adamc said:
Did anyone else see him tell someone in the crowd to 'shut the **** up'? Not that it's a rare occurrence of course.
As Nady said, it was the other guy`s coach. Good win to Hewitt.

Shounak

Banned
luckyeddie said:
I'm only surprised that some over-sensitive darling hasn't analysed the statement "I'm glad someone does" and come to the inevitable conclusion that the last word was a sly dig at any member who just happens to be part of a community that breeds deer.

Or reindeer.

The Lapps are heavily into Reindeer - but to a lesser extent, so are the Norwegians.

You learn something new every day - you only have to know where to look.
Pushing it mate..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its so fun seeing a jackass like Philippousis get his butt handed to him by Grosjean. Hopefully Grosjean wraps up this 3rd set quickly.

Man, I want Rafter back. I can't support an Aussie tennis player when our two best chances of victory come from Hewitt and Philippousis. I just can't.

Well there's always Wayne Arthurs I guess :D

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
David said:
I'm Finnish and I take great offence.
You're finished, you mean

:dry:

Edit:

If you really are Finnish and you really do take great offence, then I of course apologise unreservedly.

I also pass on my heartfelt sympathies over the totally unfair attitude taken by all the people who accused Lasse Viren of blood doping, also for the fact that you suffered for six centuries under the unforgiving yoke of the Swedish.

Now if there are any Swedes objecting to that last remark, I have only two words to say to you: Ulrika Johnsson.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cloete said:
Speaking of tennis games, I picked up Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 at the start of this month for $30. Best investment ever! It's a great game! Interetingly enough though, there are only 14 proper players on it, somehow Haas made it as one of the 7 men :laugh:
Greatest tennis game I've played although there was also one on Super Nintendo that ruled as well. It was like the tennis version of Super International Cricket, since it had made up players and all. I so gotta pick that up on Ebay or something.

Anyway Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament is absolutely awesome. I got it for my brother immediately when it came out during Wimbledon 2004. It has great gameplay and some awesome characters. Their serves and shots are almost identical its very well made. Virtua Tennis is a classic arcade tennis game, but its no Smash Court Tennis in terms of realism. I always go Safin and own the computer, although my bro still beats me. I once took him to 5 sets but I choked. :(

What's really odd is, despite the game clearly being aimed to be marketed during Wimbledon 2004, the game doesn't have Federer in it. I mean that's just a disgrace. Still rules though.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Buddhmaster said:
Just don't want to spend my time on here reading sh*t jokes
I'm sure that even someone as hardcore as you has found something to smile about occasionally with at least one of my jokes or stories.

If not, and you really do find my posts so distasteful, just put me on your ignore list - really.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
As Nady said, it was the other guy`s coach. Good win to Hewitt.
Yeah well, he still counts as 'someone in the crowd'. :p Either way, I'm not sure why he should get away with something like that (assuming he did get away with it).

Last edited:

PY

International Coach
Buddhmaster said:
Just don't want to spend my time on here reading sh*t jokes
The lovely attractive filter is saying "please use me, I'm here for a reason".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Scaly piscine said:
Hmm... an Aussie ranting at 'some other guy's coach'... Where'd Hewitt get an idea like that?
Probably his mum. She looks like she'd bring up her kids that way.

PY

International Coach
Jono said:
Probably his mum. She looks like she'd bring up her kids that way.
Hmm...an Aussie being influenced by his mum... Where'd Hewitt get an idea like that?

:p

Cloete

International Captain
Jono said:
Greatest tennis game I've played although there was also one on Super Nintendo that ruled as well. It was like the tennis version of Super International Cricket, since it had made up players and all. I so gotta pick that up on Ebay or something.

Anyway Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament is absolutely awesome. I got it for my brother immediately when it came out during Wimbledon 2004. It has great gameplay and some awesome characters. Their serves and shots are almost identical its very well made. Virtua Tennis is a classic arcade tennis game, but its no Smash Court Tennis in terms of realism. I always go Safin and own the computer, although my bro still beats me. I once took him to 5 sets but I choked. :(

What's really odd is, despite the game clearly being aimed to be marketed during Wimbledon 2004, the game doesn't have Federer in it. I mean that's just a disgrace. Still rules though.
Yeah I know, they managed to include Haas and Gasquet but left out Federer :laugh:

I love the career mode on it, I've got pretty awesome at it. I won all 4 grand slams as well as the Davis Cup and the Masters round robin thing at the end last season :D

Grosjean is carving up the poo which is awesome! I've always been a big Grosjean fan!

Shame about Hewitt winning though. I like it when guys like Peter Luczak win though.