• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
PY said:
The lovely attractive filter is saying "please use me, I'm here for a reason".
It`s funny you should say that! In the 2003 Cricket World Cup, Shane Warne got banned for a year for taking a pill he said his mum gave him! And he`s Australian! :laugh:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
It`s funny you should say that! In the 2003 Cricket World Cup, Shane Warne got banned for a year for taking a pill he said his mum gave him! And he`s Australian! :laugh:
And this happened because Buddhmaster circumvented the sweary filter?

Why on Earth didn't Warney say so at the time? It's the perfect defence.

David

International 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
You're finished, you mean

:dry:

Edit:

If you really are Finnish and you really do take great offence, then I of course apologise unreservedly.

I also pass on my heartfelt sympathies over the totally unfair attitude taken by all the people who accused Lasse Viren of blood doping, also for the fact that you suffered for six centuries under the unforgiving yoke of the Swedish.

Now if there are any Swedes objecting to that last remark, I have only two words to say to you: Ulrika Johnsson.

Well, to be fair, I'm only half Finnish, and I didn't really take offence. Not even one picket. :dry:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
David said:
Well, to be fair, I'm only half Finnish, and I didn't really take offence. Not even one picket. :dry:
In all fairness, I never felt for a minute that you did - and do you know why?

When they were handing grey matter out, you had the good sense to join the line that said "for smarts, queue here".

There are others, not too far away from here, who ended up with a tube of coloured sweets.

(heh - picket)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jono said:
Greatest tennis game I've played although there was also one on Super Nintendo that ruled as well. It was like the tennis version of Super International Cricket, since it had made up players and all. I so gotta pick that up on Ebay or something.
Super Tennis!

All the guys had mullets, and Amy was a hottie!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
I think it was Jeff with the sunnies, pink racquet, and curly long black hair. It was like having Otto the Busdriver playing tennis :cool:
He reminded me of Carlos Moya. He played an aggresive brand of super tennis, thats for sure.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
benchmark00 said:
Did you play in the tough climate of Antarctica?
What about the devil dude at the end if you finished top of the World Rankings at the end of the Championship tour? I never got to beat him :no:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
What about the devil dude at the end if you finished top of the World Rankings at the end of the Championship tour? I never got to beat him :no:
His work at the net was rivalled by few.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Gold!~

I remember playing Super Tennis on the plane. It used to be one of the SNES games available along with this old school boxing game called Super Punch Out.

I was pretty good at it but I could never beat this big guy. I think it was him anyway.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australian Peter Luczak just made it into the third round by the way, beating 24th seed Olivier Rochus.