• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
shounak said:
Brilliant..
I'm only surprised that some over-sensitive darling hasn't analysed the statement "I'm glad someone does" and come to the inevitable conclusion that the last word was a sly dig at any member who just happens to be part of a community that breeds deer.

Or reindeer.

The Lapps are heavily into Reindeer - but to a lesser extent, so are the Norwegians.

You learn something new every day - you only have to know where to look.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Buddhmaster said:
Arghhhhhh
Why are you sticking your two pennyworth in when the previous post was quite obviously aimed at Samuel_Vimes? He is our only Norwegian member, as far as I can ascertain.

You're just causing trouble for the sake of it.

;)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
Even Serena was taken to 3 sets by Na Li from China. Got the win in the end. Nalbandian taken to 5 sets won't exactly help his long-term stamina for the tournament. He seems to play a lot of 5 setters here in Melbourne.

Anyway tomorrow's matches to really look forward to are Tommy Haas vs Richard Gasquet and Sebastien Grosjean vs. Mark Philippoussis.
guess watch match im looking foward to :D
I think Tommy can win cause Gasquet has lost first round in both his tournaments this year, but hes a talented player and hes due for a win, i just hope its a good match and tommy wins...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
guess watch match im looking foward to :D
I think Tommy can win cause Gasquet has lost first round in both his tournaments this year, but hes a talented player and hes due for a win, i just hope its a good match and tommy wins...
Woulda that be the spelling bee? :ph34r:

Cloete

International Captain
Jono said:
Bronco, do you play Virtua Tennis, and if so are you always Tommy Haas with the cool cap. :p
Speaking of tennis games, I picked up Smash Court Tennis Pro Tournament 2 at the start of this month for $30. Best investment ever! It's a great game! Interetingly enough though, there are only 14 proper players on it, somehow Haas made it as one of the 7 men :laugh:

David

International 12th Man
luckyeddie said:
I'm only surprised that some over-sensitive darling hasn't analysed the statement "I'm glad someone does" and come to the inevitable conclusion that the last word was a sly dig at any member who just happens to be part of a community that breeds deer.

Or reindeer.

The Lapps are heavily into Reindeer - but to a lesser extent, so are the Norwegians.

You learn something new every day - you only have to know where to look.
I'm Finnish and I take great offence.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, Luczak got up over Minar in straight sets. Well done to the guy. Looking forward to watching Lleyton and the Scud later today.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Why are you sticking your two pennyworth in when the previous post was quite obviously aimed at Samuel_Vimes? He is our only Norwegian member, as far as I can ascertain.

You're just causing trouble for the sake of it.
Just don't want to spend my time on here reading sh*t jokes

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Good work Lleyton, typical performance by him: plays crap tennis but fights it out to win the match. Also, that Vik looks a good player, won't be surprised if he makes the top 20 in the next year.