• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
With his lack of match practice and therefore form, I think Hewitt will disappoint the home crowd again. I'd be happy if he made the quarters personally. Federer obviously is favourite, but Haas's performance should give the other players some confidence.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
As Mahatma Coat calls her, Cunning Hingis.

Don't rate her chances that highly, she'll be a better chance at Opens later in the year though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, Venus Williams knocked out in the first round by Tszvetana Pironkova in a pretty entertaining match. Crazy.

David

International 12th Man
Jono said:
Wow, Venus Williams knocked out in the first round by Tszvetana Pironkova in a pretty entertaining match. Crazy.
was a good finish, enjoyed the match thoroughly

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pironkova seems to have some talent, if she keeps progressing she will have a lot more wins over top players in future years...
apart from that there doesnt seem to have been many upsets today, Taylor Dent lost but he sucks anyway, Carlos Moya is finished but he did fight pretty well...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
_Ed_ said:
Dementieva was beaten too, bit of an upset.
yeh i forgot her, but shes always a chance of losing to anyone given her serve, today it was at its worst and thats saying something...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Even Serena was taken to 3 sets by Na Li from China. Got the win in the end. Nalbandian taken to 5 sets won't exactly help his long-term stamina for the tournament. He seems to play a lot of 5 setters here in Melbourne.

Anyway tomorrow's matches to really look forward to are Tommy Haas vs Richard Gasquet and Sebastien Grosjean vs. Mark Philippoussis.

David

International 12th Man
Jono said:
Even Serena was taken to 3 sets by Na Li from China. Got the win in the end. Nalbandian taken to 5 sets won't exactly help his long-term stamina for the tournament. He seems to play a lot of 5 setters here in Melbourne.

Anyway tomorrow's matches to really look forward to are Tommy Haas vs Richard Gasquet and Sebastien Grosjean vs. Mark Philippoussis.
Was watching the Na Li/Williams match here until i read that, stupid delayed telecast.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
luckyeddie said:
Scaly Piscine to be in here moaning about Henman in 5....4....3....
Henman's hilarious actually, all the usual 'I'm ready' type tag-lines... then out in the first round. Comical.

Edit: Not to mention the way he lost that last set...

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scaly piscine said:
Henman's hilarious actually, all the usual 'I'm ready' type tag-lines... then out in the first round. Comical.

Edit: Not to mention the way he lost that last set...
I agree - getting even more predictable than usual.