• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah Novak is almost Dinara Safina-esque with his ranking right now. Earning all his points from Masters 1000 and ATP 500 tournaments.

Ah well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Soderling went to $5.5 during that injury timeout.

He then breaks Nadal when Rafa was serving for the set. Wafg. Love Soderling.

Don't anyone say he's not a fighter.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hey Clapo... eat some bicep

Nadal wins 7-6 7-5

Next stop, Wimbledon.
Time to bring this baby back into my avatar.

To come back from being hit off the court and 0-5 down in that 1st set to win in 4 sets is just brilliant.

Tsonga or Murray it don't matter! Rafa will be playing in his 4th consecutive Wimbledon final (he didn't enter the tournament in 2009 so it doesn't count :cool: )

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've been saying this for ages. This British fans supports the underdogs is the biggest load of crap. It's an excuse for Brit fans to hate on European soccer teams for mine.
Nah, they deffffinitely support the underdog over here. Take my word on this one :p. Wimbledon is partly an exception. Perhaps people just feel like they know the best players a bit more personally and hence cheer for them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'll take your word, but Jeez I haven't seen it in my walks of life.

Supporting Bangladesh over Australia doesn't count, and I seriously haven't seen it yet at Wimbledon, which is a pretty huge part of British sporting culture tbf. In the soccer, it just seems to not want England's rivals win.

And by the way, Tsonga's fall away here has been pathetic. Hate players that can't put a bad point out of their mind.

That's why your Nadal and Federer will forever be more supreme than these fellas.

The young guys making a name for themselves now (Delpotro, Soderling, Berdych) are quite strong mentally at the moment. Tsonga, Monfils etc. just aren't there at all.

At least we'll get Murray vs. Nadal, which will be epic.

Last edited:

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Murray - Nadal semi final encounter then...should be a good watch...

and liking the avatar^ ... nice bit of muscle there...:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep, Rafa should bring back the singlets :cool:

Other than possibly Hewitt, Murray may be the biggest and best 'momentum' player I've seen in tennis for a long long time.

When he gets on a run, and/or the opponent does him a favour, he takes the ball and runs with it.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Really hope Berdych makes the final. Djokovic just rubs me up the wrong way. Quitter by nature and about 1/10,000th as funny as he seems to think he is.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He became less funny to people the more he quit and complained though.

He was very popular back in 2007

vcs

Berdych played great, I was expecting this result considering the way Federer struggled against Falla and Bozoljac.

Roger making injury excuses :dry:
I don't think that's fair, I read his press conference and he has given Berdych a lot of credit. This is a guy who hasn't retired from a match in his career, and hates taking injury time-outs.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Many of those user comments seem to share my opinion as well, so I'm not alone.

It's okay when Roger does it but not Serena. :dry:

vcs

Many of those user comments seem to share my opinion as well, so I'm not alone.

It's okay when Roger does it but not Serena. :dry:
Haha, I could get more sense out of a ******** chimpanzee than some of those user comments. This is the FIRST time Federer has blamed his fitness after a defeat, and he has lost plenty of long matches to Nadal in the past. Won a few as well, last year's final comes to mind. And I repeat, he has NEVER retired from a match even when he was visibly struggling physically, watch his YEC matches against Nalbandian and Murray. So maybe, just maybe he's telling the truth.

I don't think Serena is criticized for blaming her fitness, it's comments like "she hit a lot of lucky shots today", or "I just gave the match away" that people take exception to. I don't care too much either way, micro-analyzing press conferences is a waste of time. Even Roddick, who is usually a gracious loser, said something like "I played three terrible sets" after losing to Lu. Top players aren't used to losing and don't particularly like it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Where have I said Federer is lying about his injuries?

I don't think it needs to be said in the fashion it was said.

Look, call me biased, but Nadal after he lost to Murray in the 2009 ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament had a knee injury in the middle of the match, and refused to talk about it immediately after, not wanting to take away from Murray's win.

He spoke about it later on, but not in the post-match press conference. That's the difference tbh.

And regarding A-Rod, he's not spoken as a man of the utmost humility as Roger is, that's why I'm bringing it up.

Last edited: