• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
I've been saying this for ages. This British fans supports the underdogs is the biggest load of crap. It's an excuse for Brit fans to hate on European soccer teams for mine.
Totally agree. And I'm saying this as a Brit who under most circumstances (i.e. except when England/a player I particularly support is playing) supports the underdog, mind.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
YEAHHHHHHHHH

God I love this.

The ability to STILL get $5 odds on players like Soderling and Berdych against Federer in quarter-finals of Slams is amazing.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Berdych...WAFG. And Soderling Pummeling Nadal in the first set...couldn't get much better tbh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Everyone in the tennis world (except John Newcombe, who knows **** all) picked this earlier in the year. He was showing he not only had the game, but he also had the mental toughness and belief.

That win against Roger Federer in the Miami masters has been the turning point.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Got on Tsonga at 3/1 against Murray...with the draw supposedly opening up for Murray he's bound to go out.

Soderling 2 sets up against Nadal as well

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Soderling only one set up guys, and Rafa just broke in the 2nd.

This is going to be sweet.

Channel 9 can **** off showing me Michael Clarke bat over Nadal vs. Soderling.

*moves to couch to watch tennis on Foxtel*

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Soderling only one set up guys, and Rafa just broke in the 2nd.

This is going to be sweet.

Channel 9 can **** off showing me Michael Clarke bat over Nadal vs. Soderling.

*moves to couch to watch tennis on Foxtel*
ha got confused as the BBC had a column for the seeding number next to the first set

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
RAFA BREAKS IN THE THIRD!

I hate myself right now for not getting on Nadal at $3.5 when he was 5-0 down. I wanted $4, got greedy. Stupid.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tsonga set point. Got $20 on him at $5, simply because Tsonga is unpredictable as **** and $5 is nice odds, even on grass.

Go you good thing.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This makes no sense. He has 2,000 points over Novak, loses about 1,000 now, then Novak gains about 500 for a SF instead of a QF.
Just quoting ATP website's twitter. I'd assume they are correct though.

I'm going to get on whoever loses this third set between Rafa and Soder I reckon. Don't mind whoever wins (though prefer Rafa) so it'll kind of be win/win. Plus I reckon it'll be 5 sets.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just quoting ATP website's twitter. I'd assume they are correct though.
checked it now. 1,740 point difference between winning and a qf. Fair enough I suppose.

Still a bit weird that Novak will be No. 2 even if he gets knocked out in the semi - won't have reached any of the last 11 Slam finals.

Söderling looking beaten here.