• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
You know what, this'd all be a lot easier if PF went back to playing marbles with his chums in the alley between the canteen and the sports shed. Just no keeps, you hear?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting off track, but it's not just when you've bet on the outsider. It's when the market moves favourably to the position you already had. You could back Federer at $1.15 and lay him off at $1.01 and be greenbooked.
Yeah, it's not how I use it though, don't back big faves TBH. Yet your right of course.

PF is actually also right in a way, I used to object to doing it myself, TBH. Over the years though pragmatism takes over.

Anyway, doubles is on the telly, how shockingly dull, needs more rain this tournament, when the footballs on preferably.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I quickly backed Federer to win the tournament after the 2nd round (when Nadal became favourite and Fed's odds went out a bit), because I knew eventually Federer would wipe someone off the court and become favourite again.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I quickly backed Federer to win the tournament after the 2nd round (when Nadal became favourite and Fed's odds went out a bit), because I knew eventually Federer would wipe someone off the court and become favourite again.
Nadal became favourite?! You don't mean during a game do you? The highest I've seen Federer get out to was about $2.70, and the lowest I saw Nadal get to was about $3.30 if memory serves.

Good position to be sitting on now though anyway.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep Nadal was favourite at one stage.

Come on Berdych, you can beat Federer in a best of 5 sets match. Just believe! You have the game!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BERDYCH BREAKS IN THE THIRD!

AND NOVAK CRUISING INTO THE SEMIS

Fallen from $48 to $7.6 to win Wimbledon. SOOOO GOOD

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nadal broken on his first service game by Soderling.

That's got 4 or 5 sets written all over it I reckon.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Hey, British fans, I thought you were supposed to get behind the underdog, d*cks. Carn Berdych!

And Carn Soders, also. 3-0 already, well on his way to the first set.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey, British fans, I thought you were supposed to get behind the underdog, d*cks. Carn Berdych!

And Carn Soders, also. 3-0 already, well on his way to the first set.
I was thinking this also. I've never understood why tennis fans are so fascinated with watching the same old bloke win over and over again. How can you furiously applaud and cheer something that happens 100 times a year?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've been saying this for ages. This British fans supports the underdogs is the biggest load of crap. It's an excuse for Brit fans to hate on European soccer teams for mine.