• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That challenge by Lu at 30-30 on Roddick's ace is the most important hawk-eye challenge I may have ever seen by the way.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh: Any of the Australians watching seen the video clip collage of players falling over in slow motion? If so, how hilarious is the last scene where Ferrer is running back and knocks down the old lady lineswoman, and turns around to play the next shot whilst she is falling with a huge shocked expression on her face.

So good.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Novak! wag :)

This tournament's his from here on in :ph34r:

Agreed. But if Yen-Hsun Lu knocks off Roddick, (leads 2 sets to 1) then Novak should make the semis.

Then I'll be sitting in a greenbook and won't care either way.
Not being a betting man, becoming intrigued (i.e. it's driving me insane reading it and not knowing what it is :p) as to what you mean when you keep referring to the "greenbook"?

Mister Wright

Bad luck Mister Wright :p
Haha. Hewitt, just didn't have the mojo last night.

Was expecting every time they came back from an ad break to see Djockovic withdrawing. Hewitt, still should have won though, unusually lacked that killer punch.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Novak! wag :)

This tournament's his from here on in :ph34r:

Not being a betting man, becoming intrigued (i.e. it's driving me insane reading it and not knowing what it is :p) as to what you mean when you keep referring to the "greenbook"?
Being 'bluebooked' or 'greenbooked' means that you've traded on both sides such that you win, or at least don't lose on any result.

Jarquis

Odds change don't they..
If I put £10 on Murray at 4/1 at one point then as the competition draws out, it looks like he'll have Federer in the final, I chuck £20 on Federer at 1/1. I'm guaranteed to make money no matter what.
If Murray wins I make £30 and if Federer wins I make £10.

All hypothetical but in that case you can see why it makes sense.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But if you didn't want to lose, why would you place any bet in the first place?
The aim of betting is to make money, yes? So ideally you'd want a situation where you are assured of a victory 100%. You margainalise your winnings, but if you can bluebook everything you do then you never ever lose.

grecian

What would be the point in doing that?
Basically, to win money.

Nah, it's when you've got a decent price on an outsider then you use something like Betfair to take the price on the other guy/team, when they're trailing.

I do it in golf a bit, and occasionally football. Known as "hedging", where I come from though:)

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically, to win money.

Nah, it's when you've got a decent price on an outsider then you use something like Betfair to take the price on the other guy/team, when they're trailing.

I do it in golf a bit, and occasionally football. Known as "hedging", where I come from though:)
Getting off track, but it's not just when you've bet on the outsider. It's when the market moves favourably to the position you already had. You could back Federer at $1.15 and lay him off at $1.01 and be greenbooked.