• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Granted Dharmasena is a hopeless umpire, along the lines of Asoka De Silva, but I don't see how matches involving Sri Lanka has any influence since he is very professional. One thing about most Sri Lankan umpires is that they seem to fold under heavy appealing but being biased? I don't know.

Yuvraj's dismissal was a shocker, probably one of the worst I've seen along with some of Asoka De Silva's beauties.

Sri Lanka really needs to tone down their appealing, it's really ugly to see them scream like that even after it's clear that the umpire has made up his mind.
If Dharam sena only folds under pressure,then some decisions should go the other way also,isn't it?If he really is only incompetent and not biased one bit,then there should be times where Sri Lanka get the raw end of the deal too.The fact that ALL his wrong decisions favoured the home side says something...not the first time either- remember Dharam sena giving Tendu out 3 times in a row wrongly?(or was that him and Asoka both?).

I can accept Asad Rauf genuinely had a bad day.He got 2 calls blatantly wrong-Raina was wrongly repreived and Yuvraj got a rough one.That is ok...Dharam sena on the other hand,well.....

All that shouldn't cover up the despicable Ind performance though.They were outbatted,outbowled,outfielded (and out-Dharamsena'ed :ph34r:),no question there.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
What a horrifically umpired game. They didn't even give India a shot. Worst called match since the India-Australia Sydney disaster back in '08.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Just checked cricinfo...wtf happened????? for all people Parera took 5! I see people are saying some terrible umpiring..i do see 3 lbws and 4 caught behinds....were those correct?

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If Dharam sena only folds under pressure,then some decisions should go the other way also,isn't it?If he really is only incompetent and not biased one bit,then there should be times where Sri Lanka get the raw end of the deal too.The fact that ALL his wrong decisions favoured the home side says something...not the first time either- remember Dharam sena giving Tendu out 3 times in a row wrongly?(or was that him and Asoka both?).

I can accept Asad Rauf genuinely had a bad day.He got 2 calls blatantly wrong-Raina was wrongly repreived and Yuvraj got a rough one.That is ok...Dharam sena on the other hand,well.....

All that shouldn't cover up the despicable Ind performance though.They were outbatted,outbowled,outfielded (and out-Dharamsena'ed :ph34r:),no question there.
There are times where Sri Lanka have been at the wrong end of his calls, can't remember specifically what matches they were. Just because he didn't make a wrong call against Sri Lanka today doesn't mean he's biased! How can you say that he made the mistakes today on purpose?!

Your talking like this is the first match you've seen Dharmasena officiate.

Last edited:

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Just checked cricinfo...wtf happened????? for all people Parera took 5! I see people are saying some terrible umpiring..i do see 3 lbws and 4 caught behinds....were those correct?
1 bad LBW decision by Rauf against Yuvraj, which was unbelievably horrible umpiring, then Dharmasena gives Raina out to a ball that didn't even touch the bat (after Rauf gave a caught behind off him not out the last over) and Karthik's wicket was inconclusive, I think.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
1 bad LBW decision by Rauf against Yuvraj, which was unbelievably horrible umpiring, then Dharmasena gives Raina out to a ball that didn't even touch the bat (after Rauf gave a caught behind off him not out the last over) and Karthik's wicket was inconclusive, I think.
Rauf is a terrible umpire...he has given some of the most messed up decisions of all times...i don't know why ICC is persisting with him...

1 bad decision changes the whole game this is by far more then one and terrible umpiring..

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Rauf is a terrible umpire...he has given some of the most messed up decisions of all times...i don't know why ICC is persisting with him...

1 bad decision changes the whole game this is by far more then one and terrible umpiring..
right one bad decision can change the game...Then what about 4 wrong decisions against our top 6 batsman.......their will a huge pressure and we gonna offer wicket......And i really hated the excessive appeal of Sanga and perera......Against the spirit as discussed in the studio after match......

Last edited:

blahblahblah

International 12th Man

agreed, i might have seen live rauf giving out wrongly atleast 10 times

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
right one bad decision can change the game...Then what about 4 wrong decisions against our top 6 batsman.......their will a huge pressure and we gonna offer wicket......And i really hated the excessive appeal of Sanga and perera......Against the spirit as discussed in the studio after match......
Bollocks. Only Yuvraj and Karthik got roughies. Karthik's one could still touched the bat, as he had that guilty look after it went passed his bat. Shewag was out, and there is no doubt about it. Sharma was a dead duck. Raina was given not out for a blatant edge 2 balls before, so it even out that decision. There was nothing dubious about other wickets. whinging at best.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Bollocks. Only Yuvraj and Karthik got roughies. Karthik's one could still touched the bat, as he had that guilty look after it went passed his bat. Shewag was out, and there is no doubt about it. Sharma was a dead duck. Raina was given not out for a blatant edge 2 balls before, so it even out that decision. There was nothing dubious about other wickets. whinging at best.
Dude 2 wrongs will not make one right....Why Sehwag was not out???

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pathetic that so much depends on muppet umpires when they could use the technology in all 3 forms. Keep the 3 appeals in tests & allow 2 in 50 over cricket & 1 in T20s, remembering of course, it's the 'shockers' we need to eradicate . Honestly don't buy into the argument that it slows things down too much, effectively we're talking about 10-15 mins max.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Dude 2 wrongs will not make one right....Why Sehwag was not out???
It won't. But it did not change the course of the match significantly. Whinning over Raina's dismissal is no use because of it. Shewag was out, and the ball was hitting th leg stump 80-90% of the stump height.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Pathetic that so much depends on muppet umpires when they could use the technology in all 3 forms. Keep the 3 appeals in tests & allow 2 in 50 over cricket & 1 in T20s, remembering of course, it's the 'shockers' we need to eradicate . Honestly don't buy into the argument that it slows things down too much, effectively we're talking about 10-15 mins max.
Agreed. Then who declined UDRS?

T-Dub

Cricket Spectator
According to law of average b/n srilanka and Indian matches we gonna trash SL in finals.....
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, eh?

NZ could quite easily win, or a no result occur due to rain with NZ going through due to either points or run difference.

I like the way this competition has turned out, makes the NZ/India game really worth watching. How great would it be if Taylor & Williamson fire, as well as Sehwag and Dhoni?
Sehwag and Dhoni firing would probably have the game end with a glum mood in the NZ changing rooms but it'd be a great spectacle!

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched, eh?

NZ could quite easily win, or a no result occur due to rain with NZ going through due to either points or run difference.

I like the way this competition has turned out, makes the NZ/India game really worth watching. How great would it be if Taylor & Williamson fire, as well as Sehwag and Dhoni?
Sehwag and Dhoni firing would probably have the game end with a glum mood in the NZ changing rooms but it'd be a great spectacle!
ya they cud have quite easily won with Srilanka 203/3 in batting powerplay.......:laugh:

BTW i want NZ and SL in finals and NZ to win....

Last edited: