• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Lostman

State Captain
Sangakarra with very attacking fields.
Where the hell were these fields during India's chase in the 3rd test....:@
better late that never I suppose.

Shri

Mr. Glass
What were they? Sehwag's legstump was to be taken by that ball, and so was the middle of Sharma. Raina was given not out 2 balls earlier which he nicked big, although the decision was wrong it was justice. Karthik's one was a plain shocker.
Two wrongs don't make it right though. No question of justice here, they were just **** calls. I would have preferred it if Raina was given out the first time correctly instead of being given out wrongly in the second instance.

Lostman

State Captain
Regarding umpiring.
When I saw it live , I thought Sehwag was not out and Karthick was out.
Karthick had the really quick head jerk to the keeper after the ball passed. My test for guilt:laugh:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Raina was out? I'm talking about the actual dismissal, not the the one that got turned down. Just to clarify, Raina got what he deserved but that doesn't justify the umpires decision does it?

And I'm not whining, honestly, I hate most of the Indian team, board, ex-players and their attitudes.
No it doesn't. I only said it did not affect the out come of the game.

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
As for the second part,I am assuming that is a dig at Ind umpires....no arguments from me there...Ind umpires are some of the worst in the world...most of them....I think Dharmasena is a shockingly incompetent umpire and unfit for int'l cricket,esp. in matches involving Sri Lanka.Don't take it personally...just my opinion....I'd say the same about some of the joke Ind umpires we've seen in the past.
Granted Dharmasena is a hopeless umpire, along the lines of Asoka De Silva, but I don't see how matches involving Sri Lanka has any influence since he is very professional. One thing about most Sri Lankan umpires is that they seem to fold under heavy appealing but being biased? I don't know.

Yuvraj's dismissal was a shocker, probably one of the worst I've seen along with some of Asoka De Silva's beauties.

Sri Lanka really needs to tone down their appealing, it's really ugly to see them scream like that even after it's clear that the umpire has made up his mind.

Last edited:

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Odd that Sanga was summoned by the match refree, but Rohit Sharma got scott free for showing dissent. Are match refrees afraid to pull the Indians up? or are they pulling Indians up when they should not be pulled up and let the real culprits go scott free at some times?

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
lol

Pathetic decisions+Pathetic Batting+Hyped Media coverage = No sleep tonight....

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I heard Sachin refused the use of URDS as he does not understand the system at all. Is that true?
No he refused it because not all the countries can afford the hot spot technology (only Aus and Eng have it so far IIRC). He feels that if your gonna use the review system you should use it with the best technology available.