• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That's fair enough, but it is a pretty steep ask of people to, in many cases, endanger their lives and their families safety by being the ones to start refusing to pay the standover men, when there's no one who will protect you for doing so. Reality is the cast majority of us all would pay up as well.
In the very vast majority of cases, it has nothing to do with safety - it's to get out of something, or to get something done. Like you need a permit of a certain kind? There's a set bribe price for that.

For example, my uncle reported a missing bag with $40,000 rupees. He went to the cops, and the cops said they could find it but would keep $20,000 - that was their usual price. He thought that was fair, and that's the way it happened.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
In the very vast majority of cases, it has nothing to do with safety - it's to get out of something, or to get something done. Like you need a permit of a certain kind? There's a set bribe price for that.

For example, my uncle reported a missing bag with $40,000 rupees. He went to the cops, and the cops said they could find it but would keep $20,000 - that was their usual price. He thought that was fair, and that's the way it happened.
There was a classic line in the Tamil movie "Indian".. The lead guy asks a corrupt doctor why countries like USA, Japan, Singapore and so many others have improved so much and India lags back.. He says "That's because people don't bribe there"... And then the lead guy responds "No.. They bribe there too. But in those countries, you bribe someone to NOT do their duty.. Only in India, you need to bribe people to DO their duties." Sums it up as far as India is concerned, for me.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
There was a classic line in the Tamil movie "Indian".. The lead guy asks a corrupt doctor why countries like USA, Japan, Singapore and so many others have improved so much and India lags back.. He says "That's because people don't bribe there"... And then the lead guy responds "No.. They bribe there too. But in those countries, you bribe someone to NOT do their duty.. Only in India, you need to bribe people to DO their duties." Sums it up as far as India is concerned, for me.
Spot on i must admit.

smash84

The Tiger King
Nice line.....

LOL......nice line in the Tamil movie...........man this line sums it up for Pakistan too :)........

daghetto

Cricket Spectator
The sun newspaper and cricket..

SHAMELESS Pakistan stooped to a new low yesterday by claiming Jonathan Trott's bust-up with Wahab Riaz was so violent they were ready to call the police!

Relations between the warring nations are at breaking point before today's decisive one-day international.

The Pakistanis - accused on this tour of fixing games to help illegal bookies - have already sickeningly accused England of the same offence.

And now skipper Shahid Afridi has alleged England batsman Trott hit hit Riaz in the face with a pad - describing the attack as 'a crime'.

They were pulled apart by England batting coach Graham Gooch after brawling before Monday's one-dayer at Lord's.

Afridi said Pakistan discussed refusing to play because of the bust-up and could have filed a police complaint.

He explained: "When Riaz was returning after warming-up, Trott called him a 'match fixer' and that he was harming Test cricket. Then he hit his face with the pad.

"It could have been a police case because it is a crime to hit someone but we showed a big heart and did not press for it.

"It was an uncalled-for accusation and not befitting a professional playing for his country.

"The incident got ugly as Riaz rightly reacted to the slur. But we intervened and stopped the matter getting out of hand.

"There was talk of not going for the toss because of the incident. But better sense prevailed.

"There is a conspiracy to finish the Pakistan team but Pakistani people are different - they rise under such a situation."

Trott, whose wife is expecting their first baby, was defended by Ian Bell, his Warwickshire and England team-mate.

Bell said: "Trotty is so passionate. That comes out at times - he wears his heart on his sleeve."

There was also confusion when the Pakistan Board announced tour manager Yawar Saeed had resigned but he denied he had.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...a-new-low.html

Lol, i know theres the eng vs pak thread but this one deserved a thread of its own. just wondering but how is pakistan shameless when it was trott who through the pad at wahab`s face.can you imagine if Wahab would have been the one to initiate the fight? The Sun would have gone nuts! In case The Sun does not realise, hitting someone is the definition of Assault. Threatening someone to the point where they fear threatened by violence is battery. Trott committed both offences and could easily have been prosecuted.

bloody racists, and im english myself.newspapers are all bs.

Last edited:

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
if he did do that, then teabaggertrott is a jackass. That is such a low, chump move. Bully-like behavior. That type of thuggery isn't welcomed in cricket.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What an idiot Trott is. But then English players have proven to be somewhat classless with these kind of remarks about off-the-field matters. I remember Prior sledging some Indian batsman a few years ago and boasting that he drives an expensive car or something. Can someone refresh my memory on the exact incident?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, seriously? The bloke is on film seeing Majeed showing him 10,000 pounds in his jacket, and when one of the English players says something, after the integrity of their whole team has been challenged without any evidence, people are getting angry? I'm surprised it's taken this long, tbh. Can't say that I would've held my tongue for this long.

Teja.

Global Moderator
What an idiot Trott is. But then English players have proven to be somewhat classless with these kind of remarks about off-the-field matters. I remember Prior sledging some Indian batsman a few years ago and boasting that he drives an expensive car or something. Can someone refresh my memory on the exact incident?
Yeah, A Porsche. "I drive a Porsche, What car do you drive?" IIRC.

When asked by the media if he used the sledge against Tendulkar, he replied with "That Porsche comment ... why would I say that to Tendulkar? He's got aeroplanes." :laugh:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Haha, seriously? The bloke is on film seeing Majeed showing him 10,000 pounds in his jacket, and when one of the English players says something, after the integrity of their whole team has been challenged without any evidence, people are getting angry? I'm surprised it's taken this long, tbh. Can't say that I would've held my tongue for this long.
Pretty sure Wahab Riaz himself didn't challenge the integrity of the English team. Also pretty sure that responding with either threats of, or actual physical violence is extremely immature at best. No matter if Trott felt angry or whatever, he acted like a **** if he physically had a go at Riaz.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's still classless to take out any annoyance caused by a stupid statement by Butt, on a newbie like Riaz.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If it really affects him or English team that much, they should just stop the tour. The fact that Wahab is still playing and ECB is happy to have their players against him and rest of the Pakistan team is an indication that there is not much case against him.

If I were Wahab, I would have asked Trott about the amount he was paid for throwing his wicket in last two ODIs.

Xuhaib

International Coach
yes what Butt said about the English team was ridiculous but calling Wahab a match fixer based on just that video is also quite poor.

Xuhaib

International Coach
and Afridi statement of calling it a crime that should have involved the police is also over the top jsust play the match and get on the plane before that Buffoon Butt makes another statement.

Xuhaib

International Coach
:laugh:how thick is Prior I bet even a rubbish Indian player like Yousuf Pathan makes more then him.