• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, there's a precedent with Herschelle Gibbs and the other guy getting 6 month bans. Although that was partly because Gibbs ****ed up his end of the deal and actually scored runs.

Although the only real argument I've got against Amir getting a life ban is that I think he's a gun and I really love watching him bowl. That's not a great argument.
Yeah same here, although maybe if others were the ring leaders and he was influenced by senior members of the side you could make a case for a lengthy ban rather than a life one.

Anyway we will have to wait and see how this all turns out before really speculating on bans and such like.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If Pakistan do end the tour early then could the ECB draft in West Indies, Sri Lanka or South Africa to replace them? Wouldn't be ideal, but better than nothing.
Let's invite India and Sri Lanka for a tri-series. They haven't played each other for eight hours.

Langeveldt

Soutie
They'll have insurance, though I don't know under what circumstances they could claim for. And besides you still don't make as much because you lose out on ancillaries like food and drink.

If Pakistan do end the tour early then could the ECB draft in West Indies, Sri Lanka or South Africa to replace them? Wouldn't be ideal, but better than nothing.
South Africa are off to play Pakistan in Dubai AFAIK.. No test championship.. No context.. If ever there were more condusive conditions for a spot of something illegit happening?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wonder why Afridi really quit
I wonder why Younis Khan was really forced out
I wonder when we will stop asking questions and learn the truth
Apparently, Afridi was the good guy and they wanted Butt instead.

Ironic, Afridi the Honest Man.

Afridi! The guy who dances on the pitch.

Pakistan banned from all international cricket including the next WC IMO.

pakster

U19 12th Man
I wonder why Afridi really quit
I wonder why Younis Khan was really forced out
I wonder when we will stop asking questions and learn the truth
It is all rather curious. Younis Khan is Pakistan's best batsmen and cannot get a look-in because of his refusal to apologise to a PCB official - that is odd even by Pakistani standards.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Just heard on Pakistani news channel "Dunia News" that Amir's conversation with this Majeed dude has been found the record of and its possible that he might be arrested... :cry::cry::cry:

Please dont'...please dont.......this is too much to handle for me...

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

If this is as bad it looks (am going to keep saying if out of hope) then it really could be the end for Pakistan for quite some time in international cricket.

Already are a side in dissaray who cannot play home matches, do not think the MCC will be quick to sponser any 'Spirit of cricket matches' in the near future either.

pskov

International 12th Man
South Africa are off to play Pakistan in Dubai AFAIK.. No test championship.. No context.. If ever there were more condusive conditions for a spot of something illegit happening?
That's why I suggested them. If the rest of the tour is called off I can't see the games in the UAE going ahead either.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Agree with this.

I've loved watching their bowlers this summer but if the allegations against members of the side are true then I've got no time for them. Give their place to a side like Afghanistan who will benefit long term.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Feel bad for fast bowling itself.

After how we lost the later part of Shoaib's career and almost everything of Bond's career, this time it's time for Asif and Aamer to say bye. It seems Steyn is the only all-time class bowler in the last few years whose career hasn't been perturbed by anything.

Is it only a coincidence that 3 among the above 4 bowlers are Pakistani?

Faisal1985

Sarfraz Nawaz is saying Ejaz Butt is also involved in the whole thing...he has allowed only those players to play who agreed to fixing...

I don't know...this is so embarrassing as a Pakistan as a whole...and its an insult to the game of cricket...no one is above the game itself....and i would stand by any decision to ban these cricketers forever...I could careless if its Amir, Asif, Butt, or whoever...ban'em all, put them in jail....

Faisal1985

Feel bad for fast bowling itself.

After how we lost the later part of Shoaib's career and almost everything of Bond's career, this time it's time for Asif and Aamer to say bye. It seems Steyn is the only all-time class bowler in the last few years whose career hasn't been perturbed by anything.

Is it only a coincidence that 3 among the above 4 bowlers are Pakistani?
please don't bring up Bond's name in comparison this cheats...Bond bowed out as great bowler...these bowlers are cheats...big time cheats....they have sold their mother land for money...and as time is passing i am getting assured it is true...

91Jmay

International Coach
Wow, surely now Pakistan have got to be booted out the game for years. I don't think you can implicate any England player of any wrongdoing and to remove there records from the game would be unfair (end of the day no evidence of them trying to throw the test has been put forward).

Shame on Pakistani cricket team, they have been shown hospitality by the ECB and they have disgraced themselves beyond repair IMO.