• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

shortpitched713

International Captain
Sample sizes matter. You win by an innings one test, and lose by an innings the next. Let's see how the rubber match goes, but ultimately I love longer series for this very reason. Any single given result can always be a one-off.

Isura

U19 Captain
Mulder's exclusion from the SA squad made a tiny bit of sense given his form at the time, but why weren't any of the other young allrounders running around the SA scene given a go? Dayyaan Galiem, Ruan de swardt and delano Poetgieter are all young and have good FC records behind them.
What is this obsession with all-rounders. 4 seamers and find a batsmen who can manage to last more than 20 balls and SA will be okay at the Oval.

Niall

International Coach
Diabolical test match. Hopefully no more Harmer again.

Its proper after timing, but wickets in county cricket mean absolute sfa sadly.

NZ posters who got deceived by Jeets numbers in the CC and then seen him stink it out will agree.

Heck tbh runs don't mean much either sadly. Shan Masood dominating ffs.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Ben Stokes is seriously good
I only watched the highlights, but his spell yesterday was excellent, and the ball to remove Petersen was borderline unplayable. And I do like his recent habit of popping up to take a couple of key middle order wickets. One minor carp is I'm not keen on him bowling 14 over spells on a dodgy knee or two. I'm old enough to remember Flintoff doing that against SL about 15 years ago, and it really wasn't a good idea.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I would have thought people planning for the future attack without Anderson would have learned by now

He only needs to last until the immortality technology comes through

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ollie Stone's still a thing too, at least in theory (or in Warwickshire's treatment room, if you prefer).

Looking at the leading seamers in the CC this year makes for chastening reading too; most of the top seamers are over 30, overseas, both, or an Overton.
Signed for Notts now hasn't he? Strange signing given his injury record, unless they been assured the current one is healed

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Ollie Stone's still a thing too, at least in theory (or in Warwickshire's treatment room, if you prefer).

Looking at the leading seamers in the CC this year makes for chastening reading too; most of the top seamers are over 30, overseas, both, or an Overton.
stone is legit. shame he is more injury prone than wood.

i'm slightly amazed people still bring archer's name up.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wood isn't actually young ya know, and with his injury record, I'd bet good money Broad and Anderson will outlast him, and probably Archer the way things are going.