• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South African tour of England and Ireland 2022

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
IIRC Grecian wanted Foakes dropped, but for Billings with Bairstow taking the gloves.
It was for Brook TBH, seems I was wrong, but still been a bit disappointed with Foakes 'Keeping, but ho-hum.

Never said anything about Buttler, which is what trundler was blathering on about.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Always love seeing Stokes make an impact, but good lord were the Saffers ragged. Think they've blown their load and Eng should be able to close this series out. Crawley 100 coming up next game.

Bahseph

State Captain
Stokes and Foakes were brilliant. Even if Elgar's tactics were strange,you have to score the runs. For SA they just have to bat as long as they can. I personally don't see them lasting the day though. Not because of lack of fight etc, they just aren't good enough.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With their batting, SA's best chance was to replicate the last test and pick their strongest attack (i.e. not Harmer) and blow England away again. They didn't pick their best attack, chose to bat in unfriendly conditions, and here we are.

Last edited:

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Would have put money against either of these batting units declaring in the 1st ay any stage this series.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Mulder's exclusion from the SA squad made a tiny bit of sense given his form at the time, but why weren't any of the other young allrounders running around the SA scene given a go? Dayyaan Galiem, Ruan de swardt and delano Poetgieter are all young and have good FC records behind them.

Heboric

International Debutant
If you just listened to the Sky commentary you would swear England wasnt 1 down in the series. Incredible