• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Stuurman is going to be 1 and done. The gut got people giddy yesterday and that's all they have in common.

kaetor

U19 Cricketer
Did it have FC status? His wiki says he has no FC tons

A test batting average of 13 looks very deceptive going by how he's looked today. Like when Jason Gillespie scored his 200 it still looked like a tailender over achieving. Wagner is looking class
No not FC status sadly. He's definitely improved as a batsman in recent years - the match where he and Sodhi saved the test against England springs to mind.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you're allowed to amble in when you go past about 6'7". Like Bruce Reid, he looked like he was hardly even bowling it at all.
The arm movement/release moment looks more unorthodox than Reid. I hadn't even thought about the lack of sprinting

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Jansen's action is even more village. I kinda like it though
Don't mind Jansen's bowling action at all - just the traditional side-on left arm outswing action to me.

Agree with TH that's Olivier's is very unaesthetic though. That jerky movement with the bowling arm in the delivery stride is jarring.

Binkley

U19 Captain
I watched some of the SA vs India tests and thought Jansen looked an outstanding prospect. He seems to have lost a lot of energy (and pace) since that series, so I wonder if he is a bit out of sorts?