• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in New Zealand 2022

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I believe that they do this deliberately because they are trying to talk tests (and ODIs) out of existence. Like every contemporary sporting body they have been captured by a business mindset that is only interested in profit. It's not that tests cost them money in a literal sense, it's that a bunch of T20s would make them much more.
I probably choose to not believe, but I really can't see how a Board of any country can write off Test matches. I get it that I'm blinded by being the part of my generation (and the upper end of it) that grew up on Test matches. But to me, there's no context, no intrigue, no column inches, no dissection, no depth at all to a world without Test cricket. This board would be dry. No one really debates T20 selections on radio like they do Test matches. Columns in newspapers and online are dedicated to Test cricket. Some people will argue this and I welcome them doing it, but I honestly feel like you can Test cricket, you've just got the hit and giggle and the air gets sucked out of the interest in the game - at least until we all die out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I probably choose to not believe, but I really can't see how a Board of any country can write off Test matches. I get it that I'm blinded by being the part of my generation (and the upper end of it) that grew up on Test matches. But to me, there's no context, no intrigue, no column inches, no dissection, no depth at all to a world without Test cricket. This board would be dry. No one really debates T20 selections on radio like they do Test matches. Columns in newspapers and online are dedicated to Test cricket. Some people will argue this and I welcome them doing it, but I honestly feel like you can Test cricket, you've just got the hit and giggle and the air gets sucked out of the interest in the game - at least until we all die out.
You should check out Virat's interview on his 100th test. Even Rohit says Virat made us care about tests more, lol.. Obviously paraphrasing a bit, but you get the idea. I am starting to wonder if the test doomsday predictors were in fact right. I can only hope the next long term captain for India after Rohit is as passionate about tests as Virat was.