• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at the way Latham is batting I actually disagree with this. The replacements might only be good for 15-25 runs but that's more than what Latham's offering right now.
I have always thought he has looked neat and has got to 31 tests deservedly especially if you look at some of the other openers you've tried over the years.

Right now his confidence looks shot. A winter with the A side could be good for him and then come back and dominate Plunket again. He has time on his side and has something to work with.
Yeah I'm not gonna argue with either of these perspectives tbh.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I have always thought he has looked neat and has got to 31 tests deservedly especially if you look at some of the other openers you've tried over the years.

Right now his confidence looks shot. A winter with the A side could be good for him and then come back and dominate Plunket again. He has time on his side and has something to work with.
We don't have an A side.

Meridio

International Regular
Raval has looked like he did in his first couple of tests in this series to date - Like a proper Test opener...

It's just a shame he seems to have these lapses in concentration when he seems set.
Yeah it's a bit odd that at domestic level he's known as being an all-or-nothing type player, but in Tests so far he's been all starts. Three 50s but a top score of only 55.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very similar to how Hazlewood got Williamson a couple of times. The soft hands mean it's the finest of edges, but it's still an edge.

Very good bowling.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kind of depressing that our top order batsmen appear easier to dismiss than SA's tail...

vandem

International 12th Man
what happened? radio reports no hot spot and they couldn't hear anything
They corrected themselves, saying their first TV view was a long shot and they couldn't see a spot, next view was close up and there was a small spot. But no RTS?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Kind of depressing that our top order batsmen appear easier to dismiss than SA's tail...
It has has clearky been a 'new ball' brings 2 wicket. Yet. We had Patel bowling the 5th over with the second new ball last night. To the tail.

Hopeless captaincy, hopeless selecting to get the captain near that point.

This team is a shambles in almost every department.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very similar to how Hazlewood got Williamson a couple of times. The soft hands mean it's the finest of edges, but it's still an edge.

Very good bowling.
Yup, I picked it, he's playing wider than he needs to, Has been dismissed in similar circumstances quite a bit lately. Thought it would be either a thin edge or played-on.

His soft hands work well for thicker edges not carrying to 2nd or 3rd slips... but it's no help on thin ones.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can we just settle with the fact that Morkel is just a good Test bowler. Swear he is one of those cricketers people hype/trash way too much.