• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can we just settle with the fact that Morkel is just a good Test bowler. Swear he is one of those cricketers people hype/trash way too much.
It's interesting when I was thinking about a combined XI from these 2 sides, I think it's fair to select Wagner ahead of Morkel these days.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Heh, the fact that Bryan Young is probably the best player in that list isn't a great sign for Neil.

Zinzan

Broom vs. Philander is an ugly proposition for NZ supporters :ph34r: Jeez he's going to need to luck to survive this spell.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
On cricinfo:
Phil Knight: "Latham's form deserted him when he was asked to keep in ODIs. That was a mistake. He should be left alone to focus on being a test opener and we should look for a young, attacking wicketkeeper batsman to open in ODIs. "
Yeah pretty much. It's certainly a remarkable coincidence otherwise that his terrible form has coincided with having to open in ODIs.

Zinzan

It has has clearky been a 'new ball' brings 2 wicket. Yet. We had Patel bowling the 5th over with the second new ball last night. To the tail.

Hopeless captaincy, hopeless selecting to get the captain near that point.

This team is a shambles in almost every department.
While I don't think we're even close to good enough to compete with SA unless they play well below par, like yesterday when their top order gifted us wickets, it doesn't excuse the fact that KW is a very poor captain tactically speaking.

Flem274*

123/5
i have no issue with latham playing odis. clearly one of the best options for the format. was never a fan of him taking the gloves tho. campaigned for blundell/cleaver/seifert or any non-ronchi or latham option at the time.

Zinzan

Btw, given Duminy trolled 4 wickets, you'd think KW might have bowled at least 1 over himself at some stage when nothing else was working.

You could guarantee he'd have bowled if Bmac was skipper and we were in that situation. Good chance he would have got left-hander Morkel out.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Without Taylor & Boult, KW & Waggers are the only NZ'ders who'd make a combined NZ/SA side from these two XIs.....so from that point of view we've probably done well to even concede just a 100 run lead.

Good chance this test could finish today.
wagner makes a combined xi?