• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That Nicol inning may well have cost us the match unless we bat well from here. he has dug a hole for us and now he has given away his wicket without accelerating to make up for his slow start.

SeamUp

International Coach
Could see Parnell open the batting later.

Nicol very much hit and miss for me, no test player. It might be a baptism of fire but I would be looking at a young gun like Tom Latham even if he hasn't done much domestically yet.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Surprising to see both teams going into the match with very few batsmen and a whole set of allrounders (mostly bowling allrounders). Even before the match, we can predict that it would be low scoring.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Could see Parnell open the batting later.

Nicol very much hit and miss for me, no test player. It might be a baptism of fire but I would be looking at a young gun like Tom Latham even if he hasn't done much domestically yet.
Whywasn't LAtham picked for this game ahead of Colin.

SeamUp

International Coach
Would love to see Biff and Gazza after their half marathon and marathon respectively hehe :laugh:

The old WP opening duo teaming up again.

SeamUp

International Coach
Whywasn't LAtham picked for this game ahead of Colin.
Probably the catch 22 NZL selectors are in at the moment with a young player.

Obviously identified him as one for the future but feel he needs to play as much 4-day cricket given the opportunity for his development.

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Why De Grandhomme over Latham? CDG has shown nothing. Some of the selections are quite baffling. Nicol has be shown up against this lot and will be in the tests also.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Let's face it, we really needed to win the toss and bowl today. Just can't see anything less than 300 troubling SA chasing at the moment, let alone the 220 we may get.

Flem274*

123/5
Williamson to consider scoring another run.

The test squad... Ellis I understand, but Nicol? He's far from the best Plunket Shield batsman left.

Baz!

Neil Young

State Vice-Captain
Williamson to consider scoring another run.

The test squad... Ellis I understand, but Nicol? He's far from the best Plunket Shield batsman left.

Baz!
Wright's justification of Nicol's selection was that whe has shown form in this series. Unless he means average or poor form, I am missing something.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So McCullum... really standing up lately after that critical Cricinfo article. In the new position of 3 as well, and captaining an underperforming side. Impressive.