• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in England

Should Freddy be included in team for the second Test?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sheeysh Bell is looking unbelievable... so annoying that someone so blatantly good (and he often starts like this) hasn't carried on more often than he has so far.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sheeysh Bell is looking unbelievable... so annoying that someone so blatantly good (and he often starts like this) hasn't carried on more often than he has so far.
? He's looking scrappy for mine.. A timid and over rated player who is flaying at anything outside off stump.. With a bit of luck he'll run Pietersen out.. I'm slightly more worried about Collingwood, whose laughable form must come to an end before long

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
? He's looking scrappy for mine.. A timid and over rated player who is flaying at anything outside off stump.. With a bit of luck he'll run Pietersen out.. I'm slightly more worried about Collingwood, whose laughable form must come to an end before long
Bell's a better batsman than Collingwood in his sleep. If Steyn doesn't stop swinging the ball (and presuming the catches are taken) he'll have Collingwood every time he gets a decent bowl at him.

BTW the "timid" stuff is based more on cosmetics than realities. Yeah, so he's short, he's blonde, he's got a young-ish looking face, and he's from Warwickshire. Different from being timid.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Timid in general. He usually looks terrified, but he looks a lot more confident at the moment, IMO.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Bell has immense talent

Have always likened him to Clarke, ie. the youngish batsman with a lot of talent and gun technique etc. unfortunately for Bell he isnt that mentally strong

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
BTW the "timid" stuff is based more on cosmetics than realities. Yeah, so he's short, he's blonde, he's got a young-ish looking face, and he's from Warwickshire. Different from being timid.
Agreed, actually. There's plenty of grounds for questioning his mindset that have nothing to do with his physical appearance, which is a complete irrelevance.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bell has immense talent

Have always likened him to Clarke, ie. the youngish batsman with a lot of talent and gun technique etc. unfortunately for Bell he isnt that mentally strong
Actually dont think his technique (especially early on) is all that flash

Like Vaughan, it's a case of more style than substance - that lead-footed waft outside off to Kallis early on was pretty typical

Laurrz

International Debutant
is it just me or has the bowling changes been too frequent - hard for bowlers to find a good rhythm

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looked a definite reality in the 2005 Ashes.
I don't think it did really. It was only afterwards that people started talking about that. The reality is that he got lots of good deliveries from McGrath and Warne - he's far from the first to do that.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think it did really. It was only afterwards that people started talking about that. The reality is that he got lots of good deliveries from McGrath and Warne - he's far from the first to do that.
Everyone I was talking to during the Ashes noted it actually. He looked terrified of the Australians. Not just his face and demeanor. It was reflected in his approach and shots.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Vaughan gets cleaned up in the way which everyone knew he would. It was definitely a great delivery by Steyn, but you can't help noticing that Vaughan seems to get more than his fair share of 'excellent' deliveries.