• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
No sixth bowler at all today for England. Dangerous tactic especially given the five bowlers selected. Suppose it forces Morgan to bowl Crane whatever. Interesting if a fast bowler goes down.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe that SA is taking this seriously with that team.... Parnell is the closest we have to a frontline fast bowler! Basically SA have picked 3 medium pace all-rounders and 2 spinners, with Behardien and Smuts as backup! As for the batting you have ABdV and Miller. Rest are at best possible good FC batsmen. Maybe being unfair on Reeza.. but still.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can't believe that SA is taking this seriously with that team.... Parnell is the closest we have to a frontline fast bowler! Basically SA have picked 3 medium pace all-rounders and 2 spinners, with Behardien and Smuts as backup! As for the batting you have ABdV and Miller. Rest are at best possible good FC batsmen. Maybe being unfair on Reeza.. but still.
They probably want to keep their talent away from county scouts.

Howe_zat

Audio File
De Villiers' fifty up with a six off his 50th ball.

Very strange. Perfect for an ODI, but it's a bit late for that

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So SA play 3 all-rounders batting down to 9... but fail to even attempt to score runs. Yes lets end this with a under par score and only 4 wickets down.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't think I've seen 'record partnership' and 'under par score' used to describe the same innings in a T20 before.

It's not much under par. But you would back England to chase this.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think I've seen 'record partnership' and 'under par score' used to describe the same innings in a T20 before.

It's not much under par. But you would back England to chase this.
Yeah that was weird.

Bowling was good though, everyone fulfilled their role. Delighted with the Hampshire boys.