• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
If this makes the contest more even for the side batting last that's fine, I don't care what the ****wits at ICC moan about - they've done a terrific job messing half a dozen events before this! If it takes the MCA to fix this sh!t I'm all for it. Of course I still want India to pound NZ into the ground, but just make it more balanced for our less fancied opponents :laugh:
But pitch talk always amounts to nothing anyway. It's probably the oldest trick in the book for something like this to get out as a story. It's always a non-event. Seriously. Same thing when Aus toured early in the year. Pitches were fine ffs. it's always strange to me that people get so fixated on them, especially in the LO context. It' snot like it's going to turn into a dust bowl between like 4pm and 8pm
The slight issue in cricket is that it is the only sport where pitch can make the most difference to the outcome, we'll ignore Nadal's dozen or so titles at RG for this one 😏

This part is important because I've said this in the past as well - a lot of teams give up just looking at the pitch or speculating about it, I know India has done in the past or Oz/Eng on lots of India tours. Yet they did win at Pune in 2017 & probably the worst pitch of the series in the 3rd test batting second earlier in the year. Unless the conditions change almost 180 between innings this hoopla over a used pitch is frankly BS.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If this makes the contest more even for the side batting last that's fine, I don't care what the ****wits at ICC moan about - they've done a terrific job messing half a dozen events before this! If it takes the MCA to fix this sh!t I'm all for it. Of course I still want India to pound NZ into the ground, but just make it more balanced for our less fancied opponents :laugh:
The slight issue in cricket is that it is the only sport where pitch can make the most difference to the outcome, we'll ignore Nadal's dozen or so titles at RG for this one 😏

This part is important because I've said this in the past as well - a lot of teams give up just looking at the pitch or speculating about it, I know India has done in the past or Oz/Eng on lots of India tours. Yet they did win at Pune in 2017 & probably the worst pitch of the series in the 3rd test batting second earlier in the year. Unless the conditions change almost 180 between innings this hoopla over a used pitch is frankly BS.
1700029671716.png

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Because it rained for a week before.
And it rained in the SF vs NZ back in 2019 as well, funny how the two most effective bowlers there were Jadeja & Santner remember? Any way the WTC is a joke given how the final needs an India game otherwise it would be a flop show & I'll keep bringing up Eng as a "neutral" venue, because it's not.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm just going to enjoy this for the experience of what will most likely be Kane, Tim and Trent's last WC game. Glad all 3 of them could be there for one last tilt at the windmill.
Yeah could well be the last we see of Boult in internationals full stop. Unlikely we’ll see much more of Neesham, Latham, Ferguson too in big tournaments too. Farewell tour feels alright.

Test fan

U19 Vice-Captain
What are you implying? How is the 2019 pool match v Sri Lanka in any way related to tonight and the current alleged issue at hand?
Point is SENA nation always cry about pitch when they were/ are playing in subcontinent.
India never complaint when we were played WTC final on Green top vs NZ or any others match.
So stop crying about pitch talk and focus on cricket only .