• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

Window

U19 Debutant
What is damning ?

Did India get a neutral pitch for WC 2019 SF , WTC Final 2021 and WTC Final 2023 ?
The only damning thing is that Certain countries want to win a WC in India without remotely facing any sort of spin bowling.
All that is irrelevant to the fact that there are set protocols to be followed and if there is evidence of breach of those protocols, then that is damning. This isn't jingoistic crap about spin vs fast bowling. It's about integrity of process.

As I said, all that depends on if the media publication can produce receipts. Which if it's the Daily Mail, I can imagine being complete fiction.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Indian Express article is pretty light on details, nothing more than hearsay. The NZ Herald article however references WhatsApp messages and emails, which is pretty damning if they have the receipts. NZ Herald is citing this news is coming from "Australian media". I can't find the original Australian article, except for a Daily Mail article with the same exact story as NZ Herald. Don't know if this was the original source (probably not as they're not Australian) but if so, it's probably unsubstantiated given the publication's reputation.
NZ Herald is rag op

ashley bach

International Captain
Been going to cricket matches for over 40 years but nothing can draw a parallel to the anticipation and excitement that today holds.
Went to bed at 1.00am(early in my books) but woke at 5.00 and immediately knew there was no getting back to sleep.
It was the only time in my life I was the first at breakfast lol.

As for the game itself I think India should win it as they pretty much hold an advantage in every department.
There are a few things though that the Kiwis could benefit from. On a minor note they have a good record of knocking India out of ICC events, and
although that may not matter so much today, it should be something in the back of India's mind.
Also on a minor note, they have had 5 days off in between matches while India only had yesterday for their final preparation.
But the one thing that could really play into the Blackcaps hands is if there is any kind of pressure on during the game.
India are highly fancied to win, and they have the weight of expectancy from the entire nation hanging over their shoulders. This can be a good thing,
but it can also be an incredibly difficult aspect of the game to handle psychologically if things aren't going to plan.
If NZ can just hang in the game, the longer it goes on they will start to feel good about it, while India will start to get more nervous by the minute.
So really in a nutshell it's crucial for NZ that they manage to hang in there as long as possible because if they do anything could happen.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
On Wednesday India will play New Zealand again, at the Wankhede Stadium, the least hospitable venue to spinners in the competition so far. At no ground at this World Cup have spinners had a worse average (70.09) or economy rate (5.99). The boundaries are short, particularly down the ground, the bounce is true, and batters can often hit through the line with impunity.
Oh ****.

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
Been going to cricket matches for over 40 years but nothing can draw a parallel to the anticipation and excitement that today holds.
Went to bed at 1.00am(early in my books) but woke at 5.00 and immediately knew there was no getting back to sleep.
It was the only time in my life I was the first at breakfast lol.

As for the game itself I think India should win it as they pretty much hold an advantage in every department.
There are a few things though that the Kiwis could benefit from. On a minor note they have a good record of knocking India out of ICC events, and
although that may not matter so much today, it should be something in the back of India's mind.
Also on a minor note, they have had 5 days off in between matches while India only had yesterday for their final preparation.
But the one thing that could really play into the Blackcaps hands is if there is any kind of pressure on during the game.
India are highly fancied to win, and they have the weight of expectancy from the entire nation hanging over their shoulders. This can be a good thing,
but it can also be an incredibly difficult aspect of the game to handle psychologically if things aren't going to plan.
If NZ can just hang in the game, the longer it goes on they will start to feel good about it, while India will start to get more nervous by the minute.
So really in a nutshell it's crucial for NZ that they manage to hang in there as long as possible because if they do anything could happen.
Yeah took a leave from work today, stocked up with drinks and snacks and invited a couple of friends over. 2007 T20 WC vibes

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Last dozen pages of this thread have been a genuine ****fest, has that siblings bickering incessantly the day before Xmas vibe.

Loads of anticipation and it should be a fun watch.

Agree with this, India will rightly feel confident, but if NZ can prevent India from taking control of the match early (esp if we're batting first) and keep applying pressure, we'll take the game deep.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Both teams play on the same pitch. Only the team that is likely to lose cries about it. India used to cry back in the day as they were not good enough overseas. It's an excuse to justify a potential defeat.

I don't think Blackcaps could care less, it's just the NZ & Aus media.
And IE for some reason :laugh:

So far the only people mad in this thread are all from one country.
Didnt realize NZ and Aus was one country.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No no no no...there isn't any salt. I actually think a wearing pitch could suit us more. No NZ poster is salty. But if it's true, it is pretty news worthy that the home country is having any amount of influence
Guilty of overreacting. Apologies. :) I dont think most most NZ posters here have been salty at all.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
How do you know it is?
Coz there is no absolutely zero verifiable facts in any of the articles and its just a bunch of "hey we saw whatsapp messages" or "we saw someone who said they saw whatsapp messages". I mean the only verifiable thing in all this is its absolutely false and mostly salty bs.

As a matter of fact, there are protocols involved and the ICC match officials usually take calls on when to switch to the backup wicket etc. esp. for KO stage games.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I couldn't give a **** about this game because the winner is playing for second anyway and will lose the final to a rampant Australian side. If I have to choose, I would like India to lose though because their fans are the ****ing pits and the idea of 1.4 billion Indian tears of sadness and frustration just appeals to me, as it does any decent person.

But you are neither... so continue saltily yelling at clouds over racist bs.