• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Semi-Final #1- India vs New Zealand - November 15th - Wankhede, Mumbai (D/N)

King Kane

International Debutant
India trying to doctor the pitch could end up backfiring on them if it nullifies their pace attack which is arguably more of a threat than ours is to them.

Regardless of what the pitch is like I hope we bat first, getting a good score on the board and putting scoreboard pressure on India is our best chance.

I’m feeling rather wistful and sad knowing this could be so many great NZ player’s final World Cup game. They’ve led us to so much unprecedented success over the last decade.
Willamson, Southee and Boult retiring around the same time will leave a huge hole in terms of talent and experience, hard to replace 3 all time greats.

It would be great if they could all bow out of ODIs on a high by winning a World Cup, the odds are against us, especially tonight, but you never know.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey guys, what's the consensus on how Indian fans should behave if India loses? I will note it down. Thanks.
This should be a thread with various poll options like burning effigies, setting fire to grandstands, making one of the umpires go home instead of standing in the final and various other manifestations of the standard victim complex seen after any loss.

And of course, this ATG effort should get an appropriately modified rerun:

1700035151982.png

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hey guys, what's the consensus on how Indian fans should behave if India loses? I will note it down. Thanks.
They should accept that professional cricket is high variance and that's what makes it fun to watch, and not have conniptions about choking etc as if it's their divine right to win every game.

Definitely fine to be sad/angry as a fan though.

(and yes I realise it wasn't a serious question lol)

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Some great rewriting of history about 2019 on here.

Pitches were absolutely nothing like the ones seen in England from 2015-2019 bilateral series.

Produced much more low scoring games.

Not like we didn't have a lot of rain around too and of course the weather is more important than the pitches in England as always.

The India/NZ was a Semi final was on a used pitch but it wasn't changed at the last minute like we see here.

Hard to be surprised every India game has been like a home game this world cup anyway with the firework shows. Trying to gain an advantage by changing the pitch is par for the course. Did it last time England toured here cos Kohli was unhappy with the first pitch.

Molehill

International Captain
Almost game over for kiwis
Given the record at Mumbai for teams batting first, you'd think so. But Shastri suggesting it may well come on better when there's dew. But seriously, what we've previously seen here is that the new ball does loads under the lights.

King Kane

International Debutant
I would like to check that coin, I wouldn't be surprised if India rigged that too.

Not ideal bowling first but hopefully we can take some early wickets, if we don't we could be chasing a big total.