• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Ballance to come in. World class player - and I've got his amazing record for Sussex over 10 seasons of International Cricket Captain to prove it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In Bangladsh, just waiting for the call.

Ravi's Ashes.
It's time for the man to take centre-stage. Ozzies will be quaking in their sand-shoes.:cool:

Mind you I'd be happy with the Beard playing too, surely the most like-for-like replacement at 3?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's time for the man to take centre-stage. Ozzies will be quaking in their sand-shoes.:cool:

Mind you I'd be happy with the Beard playing too, surely the most like-for-like replacement at 3?
Compton the most like-for-like replacement at 3 IMO.

harsh.ag

England's side should be: Cook | Carberry | Bell | Pietersen | Ballance | Root | Prior | Broad | Swann | Anderson | Finn

Wish they had brought Compton instead of Stokes in the squad. Rankin the only other replacement for Tremlett and I don't think that's the way to go, yet.

When is Bresnan set to come back?

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adelaide is doomsday for England. The media aren't going to go any easier on them, so if they're like this after one loss, imagine what it's going to be like if they drop a second.

Riggins

International Captain
I said this previously but I think we've really missed a trick by not going Gabba-Perth 1-2.

andyc

That Cricinfo article posted by Spikey mentions that they could consider a second spinner. Obviously they won't, but interested to see who it would be if they did. Probably Fawad - especially for the variety if he was playing alongside Lyon - but you wonder whether SOK/anyone else has done enough to leapfrog him.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If they pick a second spinner I'm pretty sure they'd him to be able to bat, either that or they go 4 seamers with Faulkner coming in at 7, can't see Fawad or Doherty coming in. Agar could be a possibility with the bat but his bowling hasn't been great lately.

How about Ashton Turner? :ph34r:

Last edited: