• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm, probably, tbh I think with the form Haddin and MJ are in with the bat 5 bowlers could certainly work though

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Would be a ridiculous thing to do.
We're talking about a drop in Adelaide pitch, it'll be a road, the need for more batting will not be as great as other venues in Australia.

However, if Watson is back to actually being able to bowl by then that alone solves the problem IMO, and we could retain team balance.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they pick a second spinner they will surely go with former test opening batsman Glenn Maxwell.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Another thing to consider is that both Pattinson and Bird will be back to full fitness by the Perth test (correct?), so running one of our quicks into the ground wouldn't be the worst thing, especially if they were able to comeback later in the series

Burgey

I don't care if every other fast bowler in Australia suddenly bounced back to full fitness, bowling Harris into the ground would be a national tragedy.

benchmark00

Everyone knows that although Adelaide does take spin, particularly towards the back end of a match, the big weapon there is reverse tang. The team that can use it best will go along way to winning.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Tough selection for England. Bell is probably the guy that will move up to #3, but he's been awful there in the past, so I'd be inclined to give Root a go, and then I'm praying they go for Ballance or even Stokes ahead of Bairstow at #6

Riggins

International Captain
I only went to the game down at Glenelg, exam time around the ones at the Oval, but just judging from the scorecards where there weren't really collapses/wickets falling in a bunch there probably wasn't heaps. By all reports the new drop ins just do nothing.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bresnan and Stokes the only reverse swing bowlers in Squad. If stokes is batting top 7 Bresnan is a must at 8 for me and doubt he is ready for Adelaide.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I only went to the game down at Glenelg, exam time around the ones at the Oval, but just judging from the scorecards where there weren't really collapses/wickets falling in a bunch there probably wasn't heaps. By all reports the new drop ins just do nothing.
Yeah, doesn't even deteriorate apparently, so I don't really see much value in 2 spinners if they won't get significant assistance by day 4/5. The draw is very much a possibility, but I think both sides could possibly afford to pick an extra bowler here

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
He does get it to go, but needs much more favourable conditions than Bresnan IMO.
Problem with Bresnan is that it's gonna be at 80,81,82mph which isn't going to run through any side. Unless it's mid to late 80's it isn't going to cause a massive amount of trouble to international batsmen imo.

Myself I have massive doubts about playing Bresnan in this next test. He'll go into on the back of one friendly 3 day game having had a serious injury. His bowling hasn't been up to international standard for a couple of years and although he did ok this past summer it's hard to see him having any impact. His batting would stiffen the tail at least. And how much worse than Tremlett can he be?