• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Has anyone made a joke about how a lot of Aussies could probably do with a Root right about now? Pity if not.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Still unconvinced by Taylor, tbh. Way too bottom handed and on-sideish to convince at the highest level, IMHO.

Plus Compo's only a pretend opener, anyway. Slot him in at five (Bell to four) and ley him play some of his shots.
Agreed about Compton, for all sorts of reasons. Except that I'd play him at 4 and leave Bell where he is rather than fix something that doesn't look broken from where I'm sat.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Agreed about Compton, for all sorts of reasons. Except that I'd play him at 4 and leave Bell where he is rather than fix something that doesn't look broken from where I'm sat.
Definitely agree on leaving Bell where he is. If someone is doing well at 5 why move him to 4?

91Jmay

International Coach
Compton vs Taylor is pretty strong competition for our middle order IMO. If Root can nail down opener I am very comfortable with our batting going forward.

91Jmay

International Coach
Bob Willis seemed convinced that Nick Compton wouldn't be brought back as a middle order bat. Not sure why to be honest, its not like he is devoid of the ability to play shots - just lacked the confidence to do so.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Bob Willis seemed convinced that Nick Compton wouldn't be brought back as a middle order bat. Not sure why to be honest, its not like he is devoid of the ability to play shots - just lacked the confidence to do so.
Bob like most of the Sky commentators don't know much about the county game. Probably just assumes he's always been an opener.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Me and my bro have come up with this...

1. Phil Jacques
2. Chris Rogers
3. Simon Katich
4. David Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Shane Watson
7. Brad Haddin
8. Peter Siddle
9. Ryan Harris
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
That's a sobering score to wake up to. England really pushed in the last session. Makes our batting look even more inept.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
Me and my bro have come up with this...

1. Phil Jacques
2. Chris Rogers
3. Simon Katich
4. David Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Shane Watson
7. Brad Haddin
8. Peter Siddle
9. Ryan Harris
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon
Bit harsh on Pattinson, the poor lad has one bad test match on a notoriously difficult to adapt to slope and you're writing him off?

The rest I can agree with, got to do better than what you've got atm.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Please England, pick Moeen Ali if KP is injured. I don't even think it would be right decision I just really want it to happen.