• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems this was a good day for me to miss then.

Any dropped catches or missed chancres? Barely saw a ball bowled.

morgieb

lol yeah same.

As for the second question, Bell was not given out from an apparently clean catch.

Julian87

State Captain
Picking Agar has been a masterstroke.

3 wickets in 4 innings while the bloke he replaced took 9 in his last test match.

*edit; sorry, make that 2 wickets in 4 innings. Doherty like.

Last edited:

Burgey

Just saw the Bell-Smith catch. Looks like he caught it but not surprised it was over ruled, though I only saw a couple of replays. Unless it's Hughes batting and Strauss claiming a blatant half volley, they're generally overturned.

morgieb

Picking Agar has been a masterstroke.

3 wickets in 4 innings while the bloke he replaced took 9 in his last test match.

*edit; sorry, make that 2 wickets in 4 innings. Doherty like.
On the other hand Lyon was bowling in India in his last test rather than England.

dermo

International Vice-Captain

same here, glad i did miss it, having to watch Root bat for a whole day would've been so dire

and whats the general consensus on the Bell decision? seems like a **** to me

morgieb

same here, glad i did miss it, having to watch Root bat for a whole day would've been so dire

and whats the general consensus on the Bell decision? seems like a **** to me
Consensus is that it was a shocker though a few can understand it.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Consensus is that it was a shocker though a few can understand it.
Don't think anyone thinks it wasn't out, those that can understand it knew that once it went upstairs it was never going to be given out as they never are.........which is why the dumb **** on field umpire should have given it out on the field, he had a perfect view of it.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not talking about the starters. Its all this quality young depth I keep hearing banged on about.
I'm assuming you've seen them play though? After your comment about it being easier for Bevan to bowl wrist spin because he's left-handed I'm a bit concerned you might be expecting to see all our young bowlers playing in the same match...and the way we've been batting that could be a distinct possibility in the next test.

Philhughesisbes

School Boy/Girl Captain
Me and my bro have come up with this...

1. Phil Jacques
2. Chris Rogers
3. Simon Katich
4. David Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Shane Watson
7. Brad Haddin
8. Peter Siddle
9. Ryan Harris
10. Jackson Bird
11. Nathan Lyon
Your team is certainly the best Australia could possibly field out there but the reality is most of these players are too old.If we want to get serious about being number one again we need to
Select the best and most talented players out there ,mix with youth and experience.I think the team that is playing this current test twith the addition of Warner,Ahmed and a young talent in Maddinson) are the best core of players out there.This team will disappoint at times like we"ve seen so far but the rewards will come.Selectors need to drop the Cowans of this world altogether and pick on talent and have faith in the young guys.If I was a selector Khawaja would be given an extended run in the team,Watson woulld never have open to begin with.I like what I"ve seen of Agar but Lyon is our number one spinner and only Ahmed can displace him in the near future.In saying that though selectors have gone with Agar so obviously they must really have huge raps on him so it would be shocking if they were to drop him.

the big bambino

International Captain
Gee, Usman, an extended run. He'd want to do better than 1st innings against Swann. He used his bat to search for the ball like a blind man using his cane in a strange room.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Did anyone listen to Siddle's end of play interview on The Ashes podcast (part of TMS)?

In sum:
1. If we get a couple of early wickets tomorrow it will put England on the back foot a little bit and get them second-guessing about their declaration
2. Batsmen are feeling upbeat
3. Bowled two spinners in order to get the breakthrough and then take the new ball to attack the new batsmen
4. Day 2 was just "one of those days." It happens.
5. Australia can definitely save the game. No probs.

Siddle should have been one of the spinners in those final overs, tbh.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If there is talk of a 2nd spinner or middle order batsman, how come Patel isnt in the equation? Has he been terrible in CC this year? Injured?
He's completely fallen off the England radar. Isn't even getting in the one day squads these days. His fitness has got worse according to some, which could be the reason. Or they've just moved on. He's an average spinner anyway, so it wouldn't really add much when we've already got Root.

the big bambino

International Captain
Did anyone listen to Siddle's end of play interview on The Ashes podcast (part of TMS)?

In sum:
1. If we get a couple of early wickets tomorrow it will put England on the back foot a little bit and get them second-guessing about their declaration
2. Batsmen are feeling upbeat
3. Bowled two spinners in order to get the breakthrough and then take the new ball to attack the new batsmen
4. Day 2 was just "one of those days." It happens.
5. Australia can definitely save the game. No probs.

Siddle should have been one of the spinners in those final overs, tbh.
I felt sorry for him. His mouth ran us fast as his mind was looking for an excuse. Eventually he settle on the old "tomorrow morning is crucial - if we can get some early wickets" routine. Siddle and the bowlers are test class. They do their job and then have to do the batsmen's too just to get a half way decent spell btwn bowling innings. Now he has to face up and lie for his batsmen's incompetence just for the sake of team harmony. He's got enough to do. Get one of the ****tard batsmen out their and admit they are overpaid and useless and the reason why the team sucks.