• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can Root not take the extra half hour to reach his double?
What's the rush?

There are still two days to go, and how long are Australia likely to survive against Anderson and Broad first, then Swanny? Two sessions? Three at the most?

I reckon the declaration will come after an hour tomorrow morning, or when Joe Root gets his inevitable double hundred.

91Jmay

International Coach
It makes literally no difference.
Yeah that is one of the biggest overreactions I've ever seen. Horrific innings? He faced 40 balls. Who gives a ****.

Terrific innings from Root. Was given a life and made them pay badly, superb talent and delighted he can now start to nail down the opener slot. Bell was lucky to not be out obviously but he looked in great touch. Top run scorer for the series momentum continues for him. I'd have like to declare and have 5 overs at them but as mentioned earlier a cynic would suggest that day 5 is profitable and tbh if it gives the ECB more money then its a good thing.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea of course, it's perfectly fine to put yourself first instead of rotate the strike or actually score some ****ing runs when you're in a declaration situation.