• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Doubt we'll see better this tournament.

Well, we're ahead, I guess. Admittedly the last kick of the half was the first time we'd lead, but still...

ripper868

International Coach
Some may say that last pass was forward...I'd say it as well, but the Scots have played some beautiful rugby and deserve this lead

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m fully here for Scotland interspersing an otherwise thoroughly crap performance with four unbelievably good tries.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Which possibly raises the question of who's next if Borthwick doesn't last long.

I didn't catch much of it, but the bits I did see featured England conceding about a zillion penalties, as is their wont. Beyond that, I gather they missed almost as many tackles, which shouldn't really happen at this level. Maybe the current batch of players just aren't up to much.

ripper868

International Coach
Capuozzo is so good to watch. Almost like he dove through the arms of the defense for that try in the corner, if he were 'normal' sized, he doesn't squeeze through there. Italy have a real gem.

Also, enjoying how Italy are trying to play, they know they need to attack to win and can't beat France at attrition, and it's brilliant.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Which possibly raises the question of who's next if Borthwick doesn't last long.

I didn't catch much of it, but the bits I did see featured England conceding about a zillion penalties, as is their wont. Beyond that, I gather they missed almost as many tackles, which shouldn't really happen at this level. Maybe the current batch of players just aren't up to much.
Does it count as a missed tackle if you don't bother trying?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought trying to kick that penalty from wide right, down 5 points with 7 minutes left, was a big mistake. Taking the points from under the posts is one thing, but that penalty was no better than 50-50. A 5m lineout where a try puts you ahead with almost no time left puts France in a much more uncomfortable position.

ashley bach

International Captain
Only just seen the weekends results now and almost fell off the chair seeing Scotland getting up at Twickenham.
Anyone know how many times this has happened before? Certainly can't recall it myself but guessing it's probably happened once or twice.
Also France just holding on was another surprise although the Italians have been known to chuck in some strong performances at home before.