• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Rugby Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Only just seen the weekends results now and almost fell off the chair seeing Scotland getting up at Twickenham.
Anyone know how many times this has happened before? Certainly can't recall it myself but guessing it's probably happened once or twice.
Also France just holding on was another surprise although the Italians have been known to chuck in some strong performances at home before.
wasn't all that long ago since Scotland won at Twickenham:
1675688604224.png

before those it was 1983 for a Sscot win at Twickenham

ripper868

International Coach
That is some try for the frogs, this 6 nations is proving to be a bit more running than I ever remember it being.

ripper868

International Coach
Look a different level these two.

Not 100% sold on Lowe's try, but the play deserved the score.
the front on looked like his foot definitely hit the grass, the side on I think showed it clear enough in the air, grounding marginally in field before the touch line, purely on curvature of the ball.

Atonio maybe lucky and unlucky with the card there...could have easily been red if RWC2019 interpretation applied, just looked a good big man on big man collision in real time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, TMO took his time, so can't complain it was a hurried decision.

Looking more like a late 90s Tri Nations game than a February 6N arm wrestle.

Do wonder if Ireland might rue their indiscipline though; a three point lead scant reward for 3 tries to 1.

ripper868

International Coach
Looking more like a late 90s Tri Nations game than a February 6N arm wrestle.
literally just said that to a group chat of my aussie mates - this game has been like the Wallabies v All Blacks match of 2000.

if this is the new direction of NH rugby, I'm very much here for it.

ripper868

International Coach
6 point lead at the break, have a feeling this is going to come down to one of those 75th minute tries in the end.

Hope Scotland play with the attacking intent of last week this afternoon as well...I hold less hope for the Welsh however.

ripper868

International Coach
This is some video game stuff at times, that run from Dumortier was great. Excellent turnovers by the French forwards as well - like you said BB, Irish discipline keeping the French well and truly in it.

ripper868

International Coach
Irelands territory control this half has been excellent, finding the back 3 out of position all the time, tough to mount a comeback when pinned in your own 22 all the time.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slam's Ireland's for the taking now, surely?

Second half didn't quite touch the heights of the first, but really good game management from yer Micks.

ripper868

International Coach
That pass from Tuipolotu wouldn't be out of place at the Super Bowl, but, good signal of the intent Scotland want to play with - seemed a little easy which would worry the Leeks.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Think Turner's slightly lucky as to the colour of his card.

Not that I want yer Sweaties down to 14 for the rest of the game, but I've seen reds for less.

& the Leekists' maul rumbles over and Biggar slots the extras to take advantage of the extra man.

After all, with this chap at #6 yer Taffs can legitimately claim to have Christ on their (blind) side: :ph34r:

Tshiunza.png