• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointment in the end for Oz but great tournament by them, can be very proud.

So close on that last chance for Kuol, 20cm to the side and it's extra time.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Damn. I was rooting for Australia. Only cricketing nation remaining is England, so am I going to have to bite the bullet and root for them? Unfortunately yes.

Xuhaib

International Coach
This has been Messi best world cup so far. I think he has played better then 2014 when he was adjudged player of the tournament

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Argentina should've strolled that. They looked good for most of the game but still almost screwed it up at the end.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Argentina should've strolled that. They looked good for most of the game but still almost screwed it up at the end.
Socceroos are weird they look uncreative journeyman for 90% of the game but they randomly come up with moments of brilliance from no where and make the opponent pay for it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't win em all, holy **** if Kuol had of put in that last shot, or Ryan not duffed it...Argentina far far far better, but geeze these lads gave it a good crack.
Yeah they really over achieved with the squad they had. A couple of the blokes really stood up on the big stage.

Aritro

International Regular
Genuine moments of last-ditch brilliance from the two Martinezes cost us the equaliser. Also helped by Martinez, this time Lautaro, not being able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Good performance, we kept our shape really well and the Argies didn't have quick wingers like France to expose our lack of pace. Went as well as could be expected other than Ryan's howler.

the big bambino

International Captain
Genuine moments of last-ditch brilliance from the two Martinezes cost us the equaliser. Also helped by Martinez, this time Lautaro, not being able to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Good performance, we kept our shape really well and the Argies didn't have quick wingers like France to expose our lack of pace. Went as well as could be expected other than Ryan's howler.
I'm not a massive soccer fan but I get into the world/asian/european cup and qualifiers. The qualifiers are a journey and story in themselves. Your point I've highlighted is the one I've always bitched about in our teams. I was kind of hoping we'd see more of Mabil and Kuol to rectify that and see some speed light up on our wings.

I don't really blame Ryan. Its worse for goalies. A defender makes a blue like that and it can be defendable. The practice of passing back to the keeper is annoying and in that situation I think Ryan got the soccer equivalent of a hospital pass. He baulked for split second and 2 argies climbed all over him, but I really think the defender past his problem off to the keeper.

DriveClub

International Regular
Argies lack of a clinical striker really showed today. Messi put some on the plate for martinez and wasnt even close to converting. Should’ve had 3 or 4 goals