• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just been watching a delayed broadcast on "Boots N All" (Sky Sports League magazine prog). NSW's 3rd try must've been the worst decision ever. If Hodgson didn't knock on there then frankly I've never seen one. Not altogether sure why Carroll's try was ruled out either.

Kinda poetic justice Hodgson threw the pass for Locky's intercept. Just a shame that duff video ref calls nearly ruined the game.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!

what a poor display from the officials, my dad said to me after about 50 minutes that the ref was a cheat, i said no hes just stupid, however not long after i was happy to call the video ref a cheat, how on earth he can work out hodgson didnt knock on is anyones guess...

anyway a great queensland come back and lockyer has pretty much ensured he'll go down in history as a great now, if it wasnt certain before now it is...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
What about Greg Nor..., I mean Phil Mickel..., I mean Brett Hodgson's pass though? :-O Sorry, just baiting Blewy :p

And did they have a door prize at the game?

"The 2,058th person through the door gets to be video referee for a night!"

Simon

vic_orthdox said:
"The 2,058th person through the door gets to be video referee for a night!"
whoever it was they obviously weren't allowing guide dogs into the ground...

James

Cricket Web Owner
I didn't think the video-ref was allowed to call knock-ons? There's some rule against that isn't there or am I getting confused with something else?

Was a fantastic league match overall though. I really enjoyed it.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Forward passes, that must have been what I was thinking of then. I knew there was something they couldn't rule on.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think with all the stuff they can rule on nowadays, they should be able to rule on forward passes. There are some that you can obviously tell are forward on TV but can't be ruled on. If the camera angles are inconclusive, Ref's Call should be the go.

howardj

International Coach
Poor form by the video ref. Some of the video refs try to outsmart themselves. They really try to get funky, and look for things that are not there. It was an obvious knock-on, so just rule that way.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The WC loss hurt more than this. I dunno, I couldn't really get into Origin this year. Apart from the first game, I didn't get to watch the matches all the way through, I guess that contibuted.

Simon

dontcloseyoureyes said:
The WC loss hurt more than this. I dunno, I couldn't really get into Origin this year. Apart from the first game, I didn't get to watch the matches all the way through, I guess that contibuted.
must have seen the loss coming, tbh i havent been into league as much lately mainly because its so blatantly rigged every week.

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
must have seen the loss coming, tbh i havent been into league as much lately mainly because its so blatantly rigged every week.
eddie mc has been fixing them, in his desperate attempt to lift flagging ratings (it's only the channel nine games that have been absolute down-to-the-wire thrillers).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
howardj said:
eddie mc has been fixing them, in his desperate attempt to lift flagging ratings (it's only the channel nine games that have been absolute down-to-the-wire thrillers).
Is there anything more cringeworthy in the world than Rabs talking up Torvill and Dean's Magic On Ice, or whatever it is.

Well, besides Richie Benaud saying that CSI is his favourite show...

Simon

howardj said:
yeh every friday night lately has been blatantly rigged, not to mention the favourable decisions on and off the field the Sydney teams have been recieving for years...

Simon

burkey_1988 said:
Please tell me you don't actually believe that.
oh i believe it, if anyone honestly believes there hasnt been any quiet tip offs to the refs and other officials to make or let certain things happen over the past few years then they arent paying too much attention to whats going on...

howardj

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
Is there anything more cringeworthy in the world than Rabs talking up Torvill and Dean's Magic On Ice, or whatever it is.

Well, besides Richie Benaud saying that CSI is his favourite show...
Tubby championing Celebrity Overhaul last summer.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rather a change of topic from sporting greats shilling for tv stations, but I was watching NRL Deluxe yesterday & someone on there reckoned Inglis should actually be playing for NSW rather than QLD because he appeared once for a Manly side at sixteen in one of the senior comps before moving to Maroon country.

I was under the impression Origin eligibility was determined by where a player first appears in senior League? If so how have they got away with this?