• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

steds

Hall of Fame Member
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Well, for one, I obviously didn't mean it that way.
Then who suggested he was one of the top 2 5/8s in the game? How does one game at stand off for NSW mean anyone thinks that? All it means is that Murray thinks he can do a good job there.

As for "educating you", I did say
They don't actually have any of the top centres or 5/8s in the game, but ...
and I probably don't see enough NRL to "educate you" as such. The brits that come closest are Kirk Yeaman and Danny McGuire. Neither are anywhere near the finished product, but both are getting better - Yeaman at a rate of knots. Behind Gasnier, Hodges, Lyon, Tate, Whatuira and Cooper, but I predict in 4 years, he'll be in the top 3.
In the form he was in last year, I refuse to believe that any centre can produce what Jamie Lyon can produce at his best, but overall you're right in putting Hodges and Gasnier above him.

As for Deacon, I'd place Horne, Burrow, Long and possibly Thorman above him, and that's without the Aussies and Stacey.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tonga in for Hannay, we are only stronger, not 50, but i think we'll win...

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent result. Great series and deserved winners. I didn't think Thurston was good enough to win the Dally M last year but he could do anything now. What a gun. Queensland defense leading up the the Tate try was superb. Best couple of minutes I've ever seen.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Despite the best efforts of the corrupt officials in the ARL who wanted a NSW victory Qld got up in the end and deserved their win. Never have I seen such obvious decision making against Qld in an origin game. There was no way that Hodgson didn't knock on. It would have been a travesty if Qld lost.

QUEENSLANDER! :)

Mister Wright

LongHopCassidy said:
And the dam wall bursts, releasing four years of pent-up parochialism.

Thank God for Lockyer, eh?
Even the most biased Blues supporter would admit that try shouldn't have been awarded. It was a joke!

Lockyer is the greatest 5/8 in the country. Great player!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
Even the most biased Blues supporter would admit that try shouldn't have been awarded. It was a joke!

Lockyer is the greatest 5/8 in the country. Great player!
If they admitted it they wouldn't be very biased, would they? ;)

Mister Wright

Mr Casson said:
If they admitted it they wouldn't be very biased, would they? ;)
No need for trivialities (too drunk to check spelling). We are the winners and there's nothing the Blues can do about it except 'suffer in their jocks'. :)