• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
My money is on Wesser to get a call up!!!

Now before you scream, i dont think he is the one for the job, just who i think they will pick..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
With Hunt and Bell out injured...

1 Inglis
2 Tate
3 Berrigan
4 Hodges
5 Mogg
6 Lockyer
7 Thurston

With maybe Bowen/Slater to be drafted onto the bench, in place of Berrigan.
Inglis is in as much doubt as the other guys who are out.

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
if Bell is out and Inglis isnt back surely Schifcofske will have to be picked, i cant see any other options...
Schifcofske is viewed by selectors, rightly or wrongly, as a player who meanders to the ball, and someone who submits in tackles - as per his Origin appearance in 2002. His file has been marked 'never to be picked again'. Wesser and Slats will get picked before he does. Time will tell as to whether I've just made all this up, of course. :laugh:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apparently Schifcofske is a very big hope of a call up, Matthew Elliott has said in the paper in the last few days that Mal rang him in the lead up for origin 2 and asked an opinion on the Raiders players and he pushed Mogg and Schifcofske very highly, apparently Schif is a very good chance of a call up for game 3.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
Apparently Schifcofske is a very big hope of a call up, Matthew Elliott has said in the paper in the last few days that Mal rang him in the lead up for origin 2 and asked an opinion on the Raiders players and he pushed Mogg and Schifcofske very highly, apparently Schif is a very good chance of a call up for game 3.
I'm by no means a religious man, but I will be praying 3 times a day to each and every God there is that Shifcofske gets picked for game 3.

Simon

Schifcofske will be there barring injury this weekend, finally the selectors will get it right and we'll have the guy who should be at fullback picked!

Blaze

Banned
let's just hope he doesn't have a shocker now...

Seriously though good to see him get picked. He deserves it.

Simon

im thinking this will be the Queensland team for game 3
1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Brent Tate
3 Justin Hodges
4 Greg Inglis (Shaun Berrigan)
5 Adam Mogg
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Johnathon Thurston
8 Steve Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Nate Myles
12 Carl Webb
13 Dallas Johnson
Reserves
14 Shaun Berrigan (Aaron Payne/Casey McGuire)
15 Jacob Lilyman/Corey Parker/Dane Carlaw
16 Sam Thaiday
17 Chris Flannery

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
im thinking this will be the Queensland team for game 3
1 Clinton Schifcofske
2 Brent Tate
3 Justin Hodges
4 Greg Inglis (Shaun Berrigan)
5 Adam Mogg
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Johnathon Thurston
8 Steve Price
9 Cameron Smith
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Nate Myles
12 Carl Webb
13 Dallas Johnson
Reserves
14 Shaun Berrigan (Aaron Payne/Casey McGuire)
15 Jacob Lilyman/Corey Parker/Dane Carlaw
16 Sam Thaiday
17 Chris Flannery
Very close to what they will pick IMO. However if Tonie Carroll gets through this weekend without injury I'm pretty sure he will picked for QLD. And if both Inglis and Tate play I'm pretty sure Inglis will go wing with Tate in the centres. And never discount Wesser's chances with this selection panel. Although I have no doubt Shifcofske will pick up a major injury this weekend.

Simon

i did think of Carroll, but i thought he was still injured so i didnt pick him.
also i forgot Bowen, if Inglis is out i think Berrigan will go to the centres with Bowen on the bench.

Mister Wright

broncoman said:
i did think of Carroll, but i thought he was still injured so i didnt pick him.
also i forgot Bowen, if Inglis is out i think Berrigan will go to the centres with Bowen on the bench.
Isn't Bowen struggling with a foot injury?

Simon

yeh but i think if hes a chance of playing he'd be picked an given some time to get right, the Origin is still 13 days away.

Craig

World Traveller
I don't rate Inglis' chances of playing Game III highly.

Melbourne won't want him to go, because he risks serious injury if he comes back to early. I will say now there is no chance he will play.

Mister Wright

Craig said:
I don't rate Inglis' chances of playing Game III highly.

Melbourne won't want him to go, because he risks serious injury if he comes back to early. I will say now there is no chance he will play.
Yeah, I think it's pretty much a certainty that he won't play.

howardj

International Coach
1 Wesser
2 Tate
3 Hodges
4 Berrigan
5 Mogg
6 Lockyer
7 Thurston

13 Johnson
12 Webb
11 Myles
10 Price
9 Smith
8 Civoniceva

- Thaiday
- Lillyman
- Carroll
- Flannery

Craig

World Traveller
Billy Slater is considered a long shot for selection.

More like desperation if he gets picked.