• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rousey is now though. Charlotte vs. Becky, an actual hot feud with the "most pushed" Charlotte didn't even headline.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Rousey is now though. Charlotte vs. Becky, an actual hot feud with the "most pushed" Charlotte didn't even headline.
You're arguing semantics? It doesn't change the point of what I said. I can't be "sleeping" on someone who's been the face of WWE's women's "revolution" for half a decade. I just don't think she's very good, and compared to workers outside the WWE she's just average at best. You can disagree, that's fine. Move on.

Mike5181

International Captain
To be fair, most performers on RAW/Smackdown looked a lot better outside of the WWE main roster system than in it. You definitely have to factor in the 73 year old crazy man and the rest of it. Charlotte's in-ring skills would look a lot better wrestling 30 minute matches against Mayu in Japan.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
To be fair, most performers on RAW/Smackdown looked a lot better outside of the WWE main roster system than in it. You definitely have to factor in the 73 year old crazy man and the rest of it. Charlotte's in-ring skills would look a lot better wrestling 30 minute matches against Mayu in Japan.
You have zero evidence that this is true. Charlotte has always been and always will be a WWE wrestler, this point is irrelevant. But in any case I still think she's **** compared to most of her contemporaries.

Also, nearly all Stardom matches except the red & white belt matches are 10 or 15 minute time limits. And they're basically booked by a pedophile. Joshi is more than just Stardom, and there's plenty of women who wrestle outside of it that are awesome.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
You have zero evidence that this is true. Charlotte has always been and always will be a WWE wrestler, this point is irrelevant. But in any case I still think she's **** compared to most of her contemporaries.

Also, nearly all Stardom matches except the red & white belt matches are 10 or 15 minute time limits. And they're basically booked by a pedophile. Joshi is more than just Stardom, and there's plenty of women who wrestle outside of it that are awesome.
I think it's generally accepted by most people that the wrestling allowed and produced for the main roster shows isn't great.

It's not an irrelevant point, because you have to judge someone by the rules that they are allowed to play by. The fact that Styles, Zayn, Bryan, Nakamura, Balor, etc. aren't producing matches comparable to even upper mid-card guys like Goto in New Japan doesn't mean they aren't on that level. There's just far more restrictions placed on them.

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.97]
World Of Stardom Title Match
Mayu Iwatani defeats Io Shirai (c) (27:52)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.65]
Io Shirai (c) defeats Mayu Iwatani (21:54)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 9.17]
Kairi Hojo (c) vs. Meiko Satomura - Time Limit Draw (30:00)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.82]
Sendai Girls World Title Match
Chihiro Hashimoto (c) defeats Meiko Satomura (21:49)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.83]
Meiko Satomura defeats Kairi Hojo (c) (22:27)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.50]
OZ Academy Openweight Title Match
Hiroyo Matsumoto (c) defeats Hikaru Shida (25:49)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.43]
OZ Academy Openweight Title Match
Hiroyo Matsumoto (c) defeats Kagetsu (21:56)

[Recommended, CAGEMATCH inmates: 8.82]
Io Shirai (c) defeats Kairi Hojo (22:38)
I struggle to comprehend how a wrestler like Charlotte could possibly be worse in the above environment, where those sorts of matches take place (even if they only happen occasionally). Just seems like needless arguing to me.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I struggle to comprehend how a wrestler like Charlotte could possibly be worse in the above environment, where those sorts of matches take place (even if they only happen occasionally). Just seems like needless arguing to me.
That is your opinion. It is not mine. Needless is correct, but then again, I didn't bring it up.

Niall

International Coach
Lars Sullivan was someone who could have made a lot of money on the roster, but those comments discovered today on that awful bodybuilding forum probably means he gets binned soon enough.

andmark

International Captain
Lars Sullivan was someone who could have made a lot of money on the roster, but those comments discovered today on that awful bodybuilding forum probably means he gets binned soon enough.
I like Sullivan as a wrestler but what a ****. I won't miss him.

andmark

International Captain
The Dynamite Kid has died according to various news sources. I see him in a similar way as how I see Benoit, but a great wrestler all the same.