• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

andmark

International Captain
So now RAW'smain storyline is about how awful Raw is...
One of my favourite WWE hypocrisies is when they say how awful WCW was for doing something and then they do it themselves. This case sounds like the sort of worked-shoots WCW used to get up to.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Somehow they got me to be more invested in Natalaya vs. Ruby Riott in a grudge match than Usos vs. New Day vs. The Bar. Triple threat tag rules are idiotic

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I watched the Seth vs Ambrose match because the group chat said it was awful and my God that was one of the worst matches of the year lmaoooo. Whoever booked that match should be fired.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I watched the Seth vs Ambrose match because the group chat said it was awful and my God that was one of the worst matches of the year lmaoooo. Whoever booked that match should be fired.
Yeah totally awful. Wtf was that. Literally a worse match than ****ing natty and ruby.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Holy ****. Charlotte gets her ****ing ribs shattered. I legitimately feel like they’re going to call an audible and Becky and Asuka will carry the match.

But nope, Charlotte turns into a ****ing Berserker crossed with Sandman.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Can't deny Charlotte that one, that was a genuinely good match. About as good a match as WWE allows. Charlotte is much better as a brawler than as a technician. Trying to be her dad will continue hold her back.

The only other thing worth watching was the AJ vs Bryan match, which was fine but I've been watching old RoH lately along with the ThROH The Years podcast and knowing they have done infinitely better than that before kinda takes me out of it a bit.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah pretty standard WWE ppv far really, perfectly watchable.

Good to see Rousey at the end not smiling like an idiot as usual

Looks like the E don't have the balls to go with Rousey vs Lynch for WM though - triple threat with Flair written all over it, which is a huge shame

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah pretty standard WWE ppv far really, perfectly watchable.

Good to see Rousey at the end not smiling like an idiot as usual

Looks like the E don't have the balls to go with Rousey vs Lynch for WM though - triple threat with Flair written all over it, which is a huge shame
Could still be Charlotte vs. Rousey Rumble, Rousey vs. Becky Mania. But I suspect you’re right.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It'll definitely Becky and Charlotte at the end of the Rumble with Charlotte somehow ****ing over Becky to win.
Yeah, the fact that Becky got some sort of revenge on Jax last night with that brief backstage segment probably suggests that the possibility of Becky/Jax ending the Rumble is dead, meaning that this is surely the only realistic possibility left

andmark

International Captain
Ambrose strikes me as a half-assed Brian Pillman. It could be that the WWE's age rating doesn't allow him to be as extreme as he'd like, but the character and the in-ring stuff which comes with is falls a touch flat IMO.

Niall

International Coach
Finally watched the PPV.

Way to long as usual, 4 ****ing hours is just bollocks unless a top tier PPV. Natalya,Orton v Rey and possibly the tag match could have been cut and it would have made no difference.

Finn v Drew wasn't exactly a classic either.

Rest of the show was solid enough, but the main event was a little sloppy. Ronda excellent in her outing although sadly due to Nia's connections she will still be featured strongly which is a shame as she is awful.

Charlotte v Becky v Ronda will be a good Mania match, arguably should just be Ronda v Becky, but considering how much the WWE love Charlotte and Ronda I'l take it.