• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They're locked into over a billion dollars of total TV revenue for the next 7 years or so. Half the network subs could boycott forever and barely make a dent on them. It's too late.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I've been trying not to comment on WWE stuff because I don't watch or follow it in any way anymore, but...

Main roster is very embarrassing. How can anyone like this crap. I'm starting to think an organised one month boycott of WWE Network is the only way to make them listen.
What in the actual **** am I reading? You can't be serious, lmfao.

I don't know how appropriate this is, but I read an opinion piece close to 15 years ago that's sadly been lost to the internet ether, and it led with the thought that WWE fans had battered wife syndrome. They were in an abusive relationship where they endured suckage upon suckage just because their husbands would once in a blue moon be sweet and buy them chocolate and flowers. This was back when Stephanie had just been made head of creative, failed Hollywood writers had been hired to script the shows, and Chris Masters was stinking up the joint with his Masterpiece Challenge or whatever the **** it was. And you know what? It still rings true today. The company can have all the talent and potential in the world, but it won't mean a thing because the insane schedule will continue to neuter the wrestling, the booking will continue to suck, and your guys will never be the guy. One good match here and a good segment there won't change that. The sooner you realise that and get out, the better.

You are not the target audience. The product is quite literally not for you. Given that, I find it mind boggling that people continue to spend time and money on an entertainment option that doesn't actually entertain them. Just watch anything else. This is 2018, and we have access to so many things we couldn't even have dreamed of ten years ago. Several promotions have live ********* options and their past libraries online, either legally or otherwise. There's no excuse not to broaden your horizons and try to find something that suits you better. There's something for everyone out there.

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
I've been trying not to comment on WWE stuff because I don't watch or follow it in any way anymore, but...

I don't know how appropriate this is, but I read an opinion piece close to 15 years ago that's sadly been lost to the internet ether, and it led with the thought that WWE fans had battered wife syndrome. They were in an abusive relationship where they endured suckage upon suckage just because their husbands would once in a blue moon be sweet and buy them chocolate and flowers. This was back when Stephanie had just been made head of creative, failed Hollywood writers had been hired to script the shows, and Chris Masters was stinking up the joint with his Masterpiece Challenge or whatever the **** it was. And you know what? It still rings true today. The company can have all the talent and potential in the world, but it won't mean a thing because the insane schedule will continue to neuter the wrestling, the booking will continue to suck, and your guys will never be the guy. One good match here and a good segment there won't change that. The sooner you realise that and get out, the better.

You are not the target audience. The product is quite literally not for you. Given that, I find it mind boggling that people continue to spend time and money on an entertainment option that doesn't actually entertain them. Just watch anything else. This is 2018, and we have access to so many things we couldn't even have dreamed of ten years ago. Several promotions have live ********* options and their past libraries online, either legally or otherwise. There's no excuse not to broaden your horizons and try to find something that suits you better. There's something for everyone out there.
That analogy (whilst borderline offensive) is quite true. People act like the Holy Grail has resurfaced when the WWE do a good show. They're not going to change, so it's better that those who aren't fans don't endure the likes of Shane o'Mac beating any wrestler on earth even when he's supposed to be a "semi-trained" wrestler.

andmark

International Captain
Maybe this is cynical, but I was hoping some of the wrestlers would creatively protest with their move-sets like doing lots of choke holds. Any such tomfoolery happen at Crown Jewel?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year

Sorry mate, did not mean to offend.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think you offended him, though I must say I thought your line about boycotting the Network was meant as a joke.

Mike5181

International Captain
WWE will be good once a certain someone is gone. It's pretty obvious that that's the case looking at TakeOvers and the Evolution ppv.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not convinced - the intended audience for those shows are people who like wrestling

HHH has said the main roster won't ever be booked that way because it's not the audience for it

Mike5181

International Captain
Not convinced - the intended audience for those shows are people who like wrestling

HHH has said the main roster won't ever be booked that way because it's not the audience for it
I don't buy that, tbh. Maybe ten years ago, but the hardcore audience is a bigger proportion of the audience now than it's ever been. Even the attempt at drawing in the causal Indian audience failed with Jinder because with the Internet forums fans just know he's the ****s compared to performers like AJ Styles. Yeah, there still has to be a bit of the Lesnar/Rousey mainstream stuff thrown in to get people to watch, but the TakeOvers that we've seen recently and Evolution are close to what we'll be getting on a regular basis on the main roster once Vince is gone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe. But even if the hardcore audience is a bigger proportion of the overall audience than it was previously, I would imagine that most of the revenue and sales and money etc. are brought in from the proportion of the audience that is made up of the non-hardcore fans (e.g. parents buying merch for their kids etc.)

I guess we'll see, but given the company's track record I won't hold my breath.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Nia Jax has one of the worst characters on the show, is a total charisma vacuumn, is a poor worker, particularly because as she is the largest female, they want her to be the "power" style character, and I think a lot of the smaller woman are stronger than she is. It's a farce that she keeps getting put into the title scene