• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jericho was such a gun in that match (surprise surprise). The way Punk's family were at ringside and he tried to attack them was great :laugh:

The way he got out of the Anaconda Vice by hitting punk over the back of the head with a kendo stick was great as well.

andmark

International Captain
I've been thinking that in terms of the quality of "the product" (to use a phrase smarks use to think they know the business side of wrestling), the WWE needs to stress the importance of the big three PPVs which aren't Wrestlemania. In order to be considered solidified in a top role in WWE, the textbook way has been to just have the guy win at Wrestlemania (Cena multiple times, Hogan etc) and that the other three big PPVs aren't big enough for it. The problem with Reigns winning the Rumble was that he needed some improvement and some testing time in the mid card to make sure he wasn't the second cometh of Lex Luger. Had a Summerslam main event win meant more than a glorified ppv and more in the realms of a slightly lesser Wrestlemania, then he could have just won the title off, say, Daniel Bryan in a classic match at Summerslam. Instead, because Wrestlemania is the only way to do these things, they've had to rush Reigns's title win- forever losing potentially half of the fans he would have had.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Solomonster latest podcast talking about Shawn Michaels and Triple H lobbying to not have The Rock in the WM 15 main event.

what a bunch of ****s.

Love that Rock hated Michaels post Survivor Series screwjob. Good man.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Solomonster latest podcast talking about Shawn Michaels and Triple H lobbying to not have The Rock in the WM 15 main event.

what a bunch of ****s.

Love that Rock hated Michaels post Survivor Series screwjob. Good man.
Yeah it took a while for that riff to heal didn't it?

What was the reason for their lobbying?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Abuse aside, NXT really isn't doing a magnificent job of producing new stars. It is a superb show but the 'new guys' are completely overshadowed by the indie stars. I think they just need some better training or perhaps the whole project is unrealistic in its aims.

andmark

International Captain
They've produced few male stars (possibly only Rusev and Enzo & Big Cass), but they've done well enough producing the women wrestlers. Different trainers I suppose.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah but Ambrose and Rollins were indy guys. Fully produced Reigns though.
Right sorry missed that bit of your point

What a coincidence that the one who didn't make himself in indies first is getting the biggest push :ph34r:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Right sorry missed that bit of your point

What a coincidence that the one who didn't make himself in indies first is getting the biggest push :ph34r:
Rollins' push is pretty good also, tbf. He really is pretty spectacular.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah he's been handled well. I'm 50-50 on whether or not I expect him to cash in at Mania

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think he will and knowing Vince I can see Seth cashing in after Mania and losing. Love the guy though, consider me a Rollins mark.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Nah, say what you want about Vince, but he knows that the face chasing the belt is where the money is, and Rollins/Reigns would be money.

If only they hadn't given it away in a pointless match on TV...

andmark

International Captain
A Reigns won-cash in would really solidify him as a dominant guy and so it's not in the realms of impossibility.

cover drive man

International Captain
I don't think it's too unlikely that the decision about Rollins cashing in at mania will be kept open until the wm main event itself. If the crowd destroys the lesnar/reigns match he could make some sort of save.