• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ffs I know she died, that's the joke (cos I always don't know etc.). First the Hogan kick out now this.

You guys are obtuse. Only sledger gets them. wag

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just listened to Jericho's podcast about Punk's comment about him during the Cabana podcast.

Man him describing the Punk vs. Jericho angle sounds pretty cool. Was it good?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Just listened to Jericho's podcast about Punk's comment about him during the Cabana podcast.

1. What was Punk's comment?
2. What did Jericho say about it?

yeah, cracking angle and the match was an absolute belter. What a Mania that was. Can't remember much outside of the big three matches (HHH V Taker HIAC, Jericho V Punk, Rock V Cena) but those three were all brilliant.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah, it was.

I think they tried a bit too hard to make it good though. Jericho bringing in stuff about Punk's sister being a substance abuser (not sure if that was actually true or not) seemed to me to be a bit unnecessary and didn't really add much to the feud.

But yeah, on the whole it was good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
1. What was Punk's comment?
2. What did Jericho say about it?

yeah, cracking angle and the match was an absolute belter. What a Mania that was. Can't remember much outside of the big three matches (HHH V Taker HIAC, Jericho V Punk, Rock V Cena) but those three were all brilliant.
It was Punk's response to Jericho saying Punk stopped talking to his friends. ANd then Punk on the Cabana podcast said he won't talk to people who are trying to get a scoop for their podcast.

Jericho just said he and Punk are friends and he would never use a private convo or text from Punk about why he left on his podcast. Then described how they worked together in their angle and why he thinks its underrated, and that their match was better than Cena vs. Rock etc.

Spoke about how he was supposed to tattoo Punk in the ring but Vince chickened out last minute cos there would be blood.

**** the WWE

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was Punk's response to Jericho saying Punk stopped talking to his friends. ANd then Punk on the Cabana podcast said he won't talk to people who are trying to get a scoop for their podcast.

Jericho just said he and Punk are friends and he would never use a private convo or text from Punk about why he left on his podcast. Then described how they worked together in their angle and why he thinks its underrated, and that their match was better than Cena vs. Rock etc.

Spoke about how he was supposed to tattoo Punk in the ring but Vince chickened out last minute cos there would be blood.

**** the WWE
Ha, never knew that. I thought the presence of a needle or something would be far more concerning than blood tbh. Especially in the PG era.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
apparently the angle was "greatest in the world" vs. "greatest in the world" or something? Heh

Apparently the Punk having an alcoholic dad thing was Vince's idea. Did it go down well?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
apparently the angle was "greatest in the world" vs. "greatest in the world" or something? Heh

Apparently the Punk having an alcoholic dad thing was Vince's idea. Did it go down well?
That at least is true irl tbf. As I said above though, for me personally it didn't really add much to the whole thing. Would have preferred if they had just focused more on the best in the world thing rather than bringing stuff about drinks and drugs into it all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah its the kind of thing I woudn't have liked, but then the greatest battle, and them having a street fight and apparently wearing street clothes etc. etc. Just sounds cool.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it was.

I think they tried a bit too hard to make it good though. Jericho bringing in stuff about Punk's sister being a substance abuser (not sure if that was actually true or not) seemed to me to be a bit unnecessary and didn't really add much to the feud.

But yeah, on the whole it was good.
Punk and Jericho wanted to go a different route, actually. Jericho's idea was that as part of the feud, Jericho would tattoo his name on Punk's body live on Raw, thus "corrupting" his body in a more permanent and visible way than just alcohol. Both Punk and Vince loved the idea , but unfortunately Vince thought the tattoo stuff would involve bleeding and refused,

Would've been really great imo.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
yeah its the kind of thing I woudn't have liked, but then the greatest battle, and them having a street fight and apparently wearing street clothes etc. etc. Just sounds cool.
Yeah, high point of the feud for mine. Better than their WM match, I thought.