• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: This is one of the silliest things I've ever seen on this forum.

Lets say they did roll them for 125 all out. They'd rather have rolled them for 80 so it's still not their day, right?
You must not be reading your own posts then :p

Nil all out is obviously not possible practically.
As for 125, that is how much Pakistan bowled SA out for the last time they won a test match against South Africa, so given that it has happened once previously and worked, it is realistic, possible and hence the comment was based on that.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
What a relief it must have been for Misbah and Younis to not come in at 20/2.
Still don't rate Manzoor too highly and not sure if he can be consistent but for the sake of the team I am proven wrong and he is indeed a solid player and full credit to him for being able to something most Pakistanis have failed to do in the recent past.
Memories of Sydney and Galle are still quite fresh so I don't want to think too far ahead.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
And Galle? Where SL piled on about 500? Totally different situation, but the Sydney comparison I definitely see.

BTW good man for linking Smali :D but tbh I didn't see a whole lot wrong with it, just a normal crappy match report

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And Galle? Where SL piled on about 500? Totally different situation, but the Sydney comparison I definitely see.

BTW good man for linking Smali :D but tbh I didn't see a whole lot wrong with it, just a normal crappy match report
No this, chasing 168

1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Galle, Jul 4-7, 2009 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Or even something like this, chasing 146 at home.

3rd Test: Pakistan v South Africa at Faisalabad, Oct 24-27, 1997 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

This is what I mean, the ones who are making the smart ass comments have not experienced this sort of nightmares, so they won't understand why 240 all out is not a cause for celebration.

Anyway, back to this match, so far so good, fingers crossed.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for the clarification, but when we say Pakistan are ahead in the game or their bowlers have won, we say that knowing Pakistan have the capacity to **** it up, but that still doesn't mean that Pakistan have to be in such a dominant position before they can be considered on top. In other words being on top doesn't equal being in an impregnable position

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Who's asking you to celebrate? But when you guys constantly foretell doom it gets tired . When your teams doing well and is completely on top, why can't you look at it practically and say " Well played Pakistan now don't screw this up" instead "Were going to collapse as usual "

so far so good, fingers crossed.
More of this

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's asking you to celebrate? But when you guys constantly foretell doom it gets tired . When your teams doing well and is completely on top, why can't you look at it practically and say " Well played Pakistan now don't screw this up" instead "Were going to collapse as usual "

More of this
Fair enough,

Pakistan, dont **** this up now

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
If Pakistan don't lose early wickets here it's hard to see SA getting back into the match, especially with Benchy's boy Peterson heading the spin attack

cricmahanty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Waqar seriously needs to put his fake American accent to rest. And Chishty needs to stfu. Reading aloud every bit of the on-screen statistics as if everyone watching the live coverage is somehow blind, is something not worth tolerating.

Disgraceful commentary team. A few of the SA commies are the only relief.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Think he's talking about the comments underneath. Which are, interesting...
Yeah, thanks. I've become so used to journalistic criticism on CW that I assumed the comments meant the comments made by the writer! :laugh:

Looks like Pak Passion spilled over into the comments, awful stuff

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Waqar seriously needs to put his fake American accent to rest. And Chishty needs to stfu. Reading aloud every bit of the on-screen statistics as if everyone watching the live coverage is somehow blind, is something not worth tolerating.
Honestly, I find them quite good.

Chishty is an old man and him pointing out the obvious is kinda endearing.

Maybe standards are so low these days that they shine in comparison. When there are guys like Danny Morrison etc it's hard for me to complain about that pair.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It means I now make a profit regardless of the result. Those two quick wickets changed the odds drastically so I bet on Pakistan and the draw at the new odds to secure the profit.
Which result is your best outcome?

I'm thinking if Pakistan reach 400 they are unlikely to lose, but anything under that and the lead is below 150 and that is possible for South Africa given the strong batting lineup they possess.