• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, thanks. I've become so used to journalistic criticism on CW that I assumed the comments meant the comments made by the writer! :laugh:

Looks like Pak Passion spilled over into the comments, awful stuff
The best bits are the people claiming South Africa are merely home track bullies and can't win away. Given they were a side that only got one home test series win in their lead up to claiming the number one crown, it's pretty funny. A lot of fans only consider away cricket to be when they're hosting a side.

Meanwhile; Kallis is God.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Getting ridiculous. Can't see Philander's average going above 20 at all... Yeah he struggled against Australia but on flat tracks both here as well as in NZ he's proved quite dangerous. And of course in SA he averages 10 or something. Freak

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

OverratedS, you've been parroting this for a while now. Why don't you make a thread on it :p
Let's wait till the end of the series. I'm confident Steyn will come good eventually.
Just taking the piss anyway, I'm annoyed he isn't doing well here which will invariably lead to idiotic comments like "He can only bowl at home" It's already started on Cricinfo obviously

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
goes to show that patient bowling (I'm assuming he is sticking to his guns and not giving much away per usual - not watching) will always reap rewards

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It feels as though Philander has 4/50 judging by the praise he is getting here, not 2/50. I didn't watch much yesterday but today he is bowling well but not outstanding or anything.

OverratedSanity

It feels as though Philander has 4/50 judging by the praise he is getting here, not 2/50. I didn't watch much yesterday but today he is bowling well but not outstanding or anything.
Bowled decently yesterday too, got a couple of edges that didn't go to hand, more plays and misses than the other bowlers as well.
2/50 isn't spectacular by his standards but he has looked dangerous and got movement regularly. Seam as well as swing. Just shows that he won't struggle on flat tracks like some people predicted

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I think some of us expected 0/50 given his bowling style, it's a pleasant surprise to me at least

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Which result is your best outcome?

I'm thinking if Pakistan reach 400 they are unlikely to lose, but anything under that and the lead is below 150 and that is possible for South Africa given the strong batting lineup they possess.
South Africa winning is still my best outcome slightly but not by much.

flibbertyjibber

on tracks that even Steyn can't do much, Philanderer is looking dangerous
Steyn looks to be lacking rhythm in this match. Might be a one game thing or he just is nullified by the pitches but Philander is doing well and the Pakistan pacemen looked dangerous too.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I think there are still bigger tests for Philander, India probably being the main one, but I'm really not surprised he's causing problems here. He's just world class. The ability to bowl accurately, present a good seam position, meaning you can swing it and seam it both ways, puts you in pretty good stead anywhere really.

Briony

International Debutant
Steyn has done very well in India before. He often starts series slowly after a layoff.

smash84

The Tiger King
SA would ideally like the lead not to cross 100. If Pak get to 400 by tea, then things could get very tricky on day 4 and day 5. Also south africa have mainly used pacers for the workload which means plenty of rough areas for Ajmal and ZB to exploit

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I would not worry about Steyn much so far, he has had a few edges and no luck at all... Just a matter of time (Hopefully before lunch)

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
One day, people won't use India as an example that someone can perform in the UAE. That day probably isn't anytime soon though.