• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Any reverse? Or turn for Peterson?
Rarely reverses in the UAE from what I've seen, which is probably the main thing which makes it so different to a lot of the subcontinent. Outfield surprisingly lush for what is apparently the driest ground (in terms of annual rainfall) in the world. Guess the fact that they don't play much cricket there means there aren't tons of practice strips either. As a result of this it's usually been the seam bowlers to have profited more; think Morkel over Steyn, Broad over Anderson and in this test, Irfan over Junaid. It's probably more likely to be the other way around in India or Sri Lanka, and I think you'd find if you looked at their records that this is the case, certainly is with the South African and English duos.

Robin Peterson is, quite frankly, not good enough. I didn't see much of him today, but I doubt he was getting that much turn. I'd like to see him on that rev counter thing, as I have a feeling it wouldn't be flattering. He just seems to sort of roll his fingers down the ball, without using that much hip or front arm. He's not even that accurate. He's an okay one day spinner, and does a job in South Africa, especially as he can bat. But honestly, if South Africa want to win regular tests in Asia I think they're better off with Tahir, given that they have four great seamers and a serviceable second spinner.

Happy for Pakistan though. Might reflect better on England's last trip to the UAE if they can scrap a surprise :p

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Junaid is actually more of a seam bowler than a swing bowler. You should have seen what he did to Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and then again in UAE.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Yeah, that's in Sri Lanka. He did get one against SL in the UAE though, which is why I just said the in this test. I haven't seen a lot of him, so I was probably talking crash with the him and Irfan comparison.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
good to see all bitchfights are of the same terrible quality across all members on CW.

Time for Simon Harmer to come into the reckoning I'd say as far as an SA spinner goes

Edit: Oh, no filter for certain words?