• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in West Indies 2017

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Was at the game today. I have never been a huge fan of Pakistan cricket and I have not watched them play for a while. The big takeaway for me was that their bowling was excellent - disciplined and diverse. I dont think WI did much wrong with the bat but that unit was a distant second best to the Pakistan bowling unit that was backed up but good ground fielding.

Pretty impressive.

91Jmay

International Coach
If Pakistan, who are a very ordinary ODI side are giving you this much of a slap at home I think it's fair to say your team is in disarray.

91Jmay

International Coach
They're playing T20s. Still boggles the mind how they won that WC.
Yeah was referring to the ODI series prior, I know the games were close but Pakistan really have such an average side. Suppose the pitches are too their liking though.

91Jmay

International Coach
I like Braithwaite in Test but even in that format he needs to develop a release shot to get off strike. Nudge to 3rd man and soft hands into on side are two the best 'grinders' generally perfect

Woodster

International Captain
I like Braithwaite in Test but even in that format he needs to develop a release shot to get off strike. Nudge to 3rd man and soft hands into on side are two the best 'grinders' generally perfect
Isn't throwing him into ODI cricket a good way for him to develop a more expansive side that he can take on into his Test batting ? I'm not suggesting this is necessarily the thinking behind it or that I wholeheartedly agree with it, but putting him under the pressure of an ODI to keep the board ticking, allowing him to practice for limited-overs cricket, these kind of things may help make him a more rounded player. Or, it could really stuff his technique and he could fall away in the longer formats aswell!

I also think in 50-over cricket there is still a role for a more sedate type of player, but of course his S/R must improve.

Tom Flint

International Regular
How about windies be grateful they've finally found a solid young opening test batsman and leave him as he is?

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
So, this will be Misbah's last series then. Really going to miss seeing the great man. Salute to a remarkable career.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
They're playing T20s. Still boggles the mind how they won that WC.
Erm, because we were the best team perhaps? Let's remember we beat Australia in a warm up game, then beat England, then beat Sri-lanka, then beat South Africa, then got complacent and lost to Afganistan in a dead rubber game, then beat India in their own backyard in a massive Semi-final, and finally we saw off an inspired England for a second time in the final. So basically we beat the majority of the top sides on our way to the trophy.

I'd also like to add that this current T20 team who lost to Pak is NOT the same as the one of won the world cup.

Gayle
Charles
Fletcher
Dwayne Bravo
Russell
Ramdin
Sammy
Benn

All played in that team while the likes of Darren Bravo and Nicholas Pooran are also missing. That's almost a whole team there. So people shouldn't fool themselves into thinking our dominance in T20 cricket is over because we've got a lot of talent to come back into the side in due course.

Last edited:

WindieWeathers

International Regular
How about windies be grateful they've finally found a solid young opening test batsman and leave him as he is?
He's more than just "solid" imo. I think his performance away to Pakistan proved he's a world class opening bat. Yes he'll need that average to go over 40 to really put a stamp on my claim but he's been doing well for quite a while now and I can only see him getting better in time.

The style he has is the way he's been playing since he was breaking records at youth level and though he hasn't been able to rotate the strike as much as we want him to in the ODI format he's been developing nicely for Barbados in the list A matches so I'm still hopeful that he will be back in the ODI side by the time the world cup comes along.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Solid was a genuine complement. I love brathwaite. He's a breath of fresh air for West Indian cricket and shows not all young cricketers in the carribean only car about the t20 format

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
These one dayers should be quite competitive, although Pakistan would have to start slight favourites.

Joseph's action is very easy on the eye,

anil1405

International Captain
So Pakistan have moved Babar to no.4 for a batsman who is currently batting at a strike rate of 58 coming in at 3.

Burner

International Regular
Hafeez should have been told to hack it at 4 or gtfo. Demoting their best player is not on.