• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

BoyBrumby

Englishman
People don't understand the chucking rule.

kykweer.proteas, a bent arm doesn't mean he is chucking!!!!

He is chucking if he straightens that bent arm by more than 15%
. Now if you have an implant inserted in your brain that detects an arm being straightened by more than 15% let me know where I can get one for myself, otherwise check online that the ICC have used their own technology to monitor his bowling from real time match practise as well as seperate tests and have found him to be legal and within the 15% rule.
Hoisted by his own petard.

It's 15 degrees not 15 percent.

Meanwhile I'd like to get a Thierry Henry ruling on Irfan's height. There's no way he's 7' 1". Doesn't look as tall as Tremlett, even.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
A great day for Ajmal....disappointed to see umpire **** ups making DRS look bad....

For the Chucking debate on Ajmal...seriously ppl get a life....the guy doesn't go past 8 degrees on straightening his arm as per the checks ICC did on him....just learn to give credit where due...

As far as Kallis dismissal goes..clear **** up on umpires part....but I still don't understand how did everyone know that umpire on field did not give out on lbw? when an appeal is made its made on all accounts....you don't make separate appeals for separate incidents in the same delivery...so the "umpires call" remained out in the end for LBW as well...didn't it?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
It really makes fantastic viewing when Ajmal is in full flow, you could just tell he was in the mood today right from the start as the SA batsmen were all over the place against him, and when Ajmal smells blood there's not many batters who can stem that wave,

I did think when they got above 300 that they'd be in with a chance, the only worry is Ajmal can't do it all on his own, the others will need to chip in aswell, i also think this game exposes once again SA's lack of a good spinner and their vulnerability against spin too.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Hoisted by his own petard.

It's 15 degrees not 15 percent.

Meanwhile I'd like to get a Thierry Henry ruling on Irfan's height. There's no way he's 7' 1". Doesn't look as tall as Tremlett, even.
Oops, yeah my bad Brumbs, was in a hurry so put the wrong measurement. And I copied and pasted into the other thread LOL.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
As far as Kallis dismissal goes..clear **** up on umpires part....but I still don't understand how did everyone know that umpire on field did not give out on lbw? when an appeal is made its made on all accounts....you don't make separate appeals for separate incidents in the same delivery...so the "umpires call" remained out in the end for LBW as well...didn't it?
Yeah, this.

I think the right call was made on the Kallis dismissal. As long as there's communication between the umpires, it's fair.

With some of those calls, the umpire's chain of thought may be "well, if he didn't edge that I'm going to give it out LBW."

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
also, brilliant from Ajmal.

I was expecting something like this. SA's batsmen haven't been properly for a while.

Amla is brilliant but showing clear signs of hubris.

uvelocity

International Coach
He's obviously very tall, but Tremlett (6' 8" by repute) similarly towers over his teammates:

beat it **** ian bell is 4 foot 4 and monty is practically lying down in that photo

i worked out how he reaches 145kph too, his foot is so big he releases the ball from halfway down the pitch. monster.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
What's the issue with the Kallis dismissal?

Umpire gives him out caught, batsman reviews it, hasn't hit it but he's out lbw anyway. So he's given out.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
What's the issue with the Kallis dismissal?

Umpire gives him out caught, batsman reviews it, hasn't hit it but he's out lbw anyway. So he's given out.
The LBW was marginal at which point it's the umpires decision, who apparently never gave the out for LBW but rather for caught (According to DRS rules if decision is marginal for LBW and umpire gives not out then it's not out). This is a joke to me since the fielding team don't really appeal for a specific dismissal, they just scream as loud as possible in appeal for everything.

The ICC have seen it fit to issue an "explanation" for umpire error, which I find disgusting!!!!!! Where was this explanation when Davis made the mistakes in the previous tests against Pakistan?