• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Surely if that was a legit delivery I could just stand at the crease and throw it at the batsmen? That's probably why the umpire took so long to give it out?
What dismissal are we talking about?

The only one I have a problem with is the Kallis one. It makes no sense for the umpire's call to be out as the umpire didn't give it out LBW. There is no logical chain of events that could have seen Kallis given out LBW after the fact.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
What dismissal are we talking about?

The only one I have a problem with is the Kallis one. It makes no sense for the umpire's call to be out as the umpire didn't give it out LBW. There is no logical chain of events that could have seen Kallis given out LBW after the fact.
The Faf wicket, Ajmals arm was blatantly bent, I think it probably takes amazing skill, but its surely chucking? HOW FAR can officials "bend" to rules?

The doosra I think.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Please not the chucking debate, especially whilst he is getting success.
what are you talking about mate? This is the only time it is going to come out when he gets a 5 wicket haul..when he went wicket less in the previous match, nobody even noticed the 'blatant' chucking.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
his action is dodgy as hell, but we've been over this before and discussion should probably be kept to the appropriate thread. smali's already making this thread unreadable, let's not sink it even lower.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
what are you talking about mate? This is the only time it is going to come out when he gets a 5 wicket haul..when he went wicket less in the previous match, nobody even noticed the 'blatant' chucking.
Nah that is rubbish, there are plenty of people who have opinions on Ajmal that do not change according to how well he does, but it is only natural that it will be talked about more when he is taking lots of wickets.

There is no point going into it anymore, he clearly has been judged to be fine so that it is that no matter what opinions some of us may have.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ofcourse.
Chucking's only a problem if you're awesome #cricketlogic
I hate to drag on this discussion but this is just wrong. Plenty of people here regularly point out dodgy actions of even part timers like Samuels and Williamson.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
That's ridiculous, we are discussing this test, we can't make a seperate topic for irfan one for the third umpire, one over the pitch... Du plessis is the first wicket I saw today, and the doosra is ridiculous chucking and should have been no balled.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
That's ridiculous, we are discussing this test, we can't make a seperate topic for irfan one for the third umpire, one over the pitch... Du plessis is the first wicket I saw today, and the doosra is ridiculous chucking and should have been no balled.
I am not saying you cannot talk about it here..

But my argument is not about whether Ajmal is chucking nor not..

My argument against those who raise a question is simple
First we have to go back and discount 800 test wickets and all the match results and scores that were influenced by those wickets, and then ban Ajmal for the next 100 years.

Case closed.

If you are not prepared to do that, Ajmal can chuck and bend all he wants.

Case closed.

Satyanash89

Banned
I hate to drag on this discussion but this is just wrong. Plenty of people here regularly point out dodgy actions of even part timers like Samuels and Williamson.
Was half-kidding. But obviously it only gets really controversial with guys like Murali and Ajmal, who win matches with their brilliance. Samuels etc are nowhere near as good... the chuck is just "pointed out" as you said, and brushed aside.
Theres no uproar like Ajmal, Murali where there are a huge number of people both supporting and criticizing them.

And obviously this topic will be discussed when Ajmal does well.. its just natural

mohammad16

U19 Captain
As somebody mentioned earlier we need at least 700 in the first innings to make a match out of it (and that ain't happening). Amla, Kallis, Smith, and De Villiers are going to come out and murder our ****ty attack..........Hafeez the strongest link in there :ph34r:
Stop sounding like a ****. It is a different pitch, Pakistan will be bowling last on here, it should turn more and give Ajmal the edge. Also Irfan may very well be able to claim a couple of important wickets, this match is on, SA still has the edge but anything can happen.
talk to me after the first session tomorrow you useless turds and we'll see who wrong who's right, just beat it
AHAHAHAHAHAH what a moron.

Also sad to see bitter South Africans moaning about chuckings after just the FIRST time Pak is on top in this game, imagine what will happen if Pak actually wins the test.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
There's a massive thread on the whole "is Ajmal a chucker" debate, that was prominent during England's tour to the UAE. If you want to discuss the legitimacy of his action you should probably do it there, rather than tarnish the tour thread with debates we've had numerous times. The ICC feel his action is legal, so lets not take anything away from his performance here just because there are a few doubts.

Fusion

Global Moderator
There's a massive thread on the whole "is Ajmal a chucker" debate, that was prominent during England's tour to the UAE. If you want to discuss the legitimacy of his action you should probably do it there, rather than tarnish the tour thread with debates we've had numerous times. The ICC feel his action is legal, so lets not take anything away from his performance here just because there are a few doubts.
Correct. Please take any discussion regarding Ajmal's action to this thread.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah......should have come out and said Ajmal is a chucker and made a fuss about it in the wanderers test.....now that he is taking wickets and people are complaining it just makes them sound like sore losers (which they probably are)

in the meanwhile........we're still not out of the woods yet.....