• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Briony

International Debutant
Much better performance from Pakistan today on a less threatening pitch. Neither Steyn, nor Philander have been able to wreak havoc. Steyn would be disappointed with only one in the wickets column after his team have elected to field first.

With SA batting last, Ajmal may well be factor.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
They are playing well, tbf.
Would like to highlight a comment from Cricinfo which is apt for our situation.

"I think its now time to score and show some aggression, if Pakistan goes with the same pace they would be only 150 and the new ball would be there to haunt them again".

Truth is all our batsman are very limited in their ability. The new ball will be on again without a lot of runs being made and this time South Africa will get all 10 wickets since there aren't anymore batsman in the line-up.

We need to show more agression and put up a bigger score before RSA take the new ball.

smash84

The Tiger King
Ajmall will be a **** all factor......the **** can't get any wickets outside the SC type pitches....

I want to go into the Ajmal vs Swann thread and change my vote :@

Briony

International Debutant
SA bowlers unable to penetrate at all after lunch. In desperation they turn to their non-spinner in Peterson. :) Can Pakistan put enough pressure on SA to allow Ajmal to scare them?

Briony

International Debutant
Well they are probably doing better than perhaps SA expected after sending them in. No sub fifty or hundred totals today. Had they been in better form you doubt that Smith would have sent a team in on a dry pitch.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I'm not watching the match, but according to Cricinfo commentary Morkel hasn't been doing too well and that he hasn't got his length correct. Shouldn't he be used to these pitches?

I hope this doesn't mean that Irfan also has difficulty when Pak bowl.

Satyanash89

Banned
Ajmall will be a **** all factor......the **** can't get any wickets outside the SC type pitches....

I want to go into the Ajmal vs Swann thread and change my vote :@
While i dont disagree with that opinion at all, changing your vote to Swann just coz Ajmal didnt do well in one test is kinda ridiculous

smash84

The Tiger King
with his stupid round the wicket antics I can't see him getting any wickets on these pitches and Swann has done better in conditions dissimilar to his home conditions.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
with his stupid round the wicket antics I can't see him getting any wickets on these pitches and Swann has done better in conditions dissimilar to his home conditions.
Think it is fair to say Ajmal is the more deadly bowler in favourable conditions and Swann is the more complete bowler for all surfaces. Both bloody good though. Hope it isn't age catching up with Ajmal as he is over 35 and players can deteriorate rapidly once they get to that age.

Pakistan need this partnership to carry on and on.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Good to see Pakistan having a good day, maybe if they pile up 700 someone might support them.

Why has Peterson bowled so much? No wickets, concedes 14 off his 15th over, 10 off the next, 9 off the next.

smash84

The Tiger King
younis and asad in a hurry to get to their 100s before the new ball arrives to crash their party...

Amla and Co will slaughter Bull and Co on this wicket