• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

slugger

State Vice-Captain
postion 4
Sinclair 1193 @ 70.18

postion 8
Franklin 1769 @ 55.28

postion 5
Broom 760 @ 54.29

postion 5
Williamson 849 @ 42.45

postion 1-2
Brodie 573 @ 35.88

postion 1-2
How 924 @ 34.22

postion 2-3
Watling 373 @ 33.91

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Taylor > Collingwood?
Tough. I would prefer Taylor, he's more enjoyable to watch, but I think Collingwood is perfect for England and slightly underrated.

Watching Taylor and Pietersen in full flight would be great!

Athlai

Not Terrible
postion 4
Sinclair 1193 @ 70.18

postion 8
Franklin 1769 @ 55.28

postion 5
Broom 760 @ 54.29

postion 5
Williamson 849 @ 42.45

postion 1-2
Brodie 573 @ 35.88

postion 1-2
How 924 @ 34.22

postion 2-3
Watling 373 @ 33.91
Franklin's injured though or I'd say Elliott wouldn't be in the team, but I've heard less about Franklin's injury and recovery than Ryder so have no idea when he'll be in contention.

I think Guptill should be given one more Test and Cumming to come in for McIntosh. One of Flynn, Fulton and Elliott should be kept and that should be Flynn IMO. Sinclair and Broom to replace.

Cumming
Guptill
Flynn/Sinclair
Taylor
Flynn/Sinclair
Broom
McCullum (wk)
Vettori
Tuffey
O'Brien
Martin

That would be my XI, don't like the idea of making too many changes, 3 new players in is pushing it already IMO.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Tough. I would prefer Taylor, he's more enjoyable to watch, but I think Collingwood is perfect for England and slightly underrated.

Watching Taylor and Pietersen in full flight would be great!
Could you imagine a KP, Taylor, Ryder batting combo. It'd be a heck of a day of Test cricket.

Howsie

International Captain
Would Taylor be a better or worse test batsmen if he had less pressure to score most of the runs like he does for New Zealand. I don't really know tbh as he still play's his natural game even when New Zealand are two down for not many.

Would like to think he'd average a little more if he had some support.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
i would leave flynn at 3 and put sinclair at 6 i think 6 is a bit low for him but a direct swap for elliott would be better than messing the whole line up..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Taylor is going to be asked to start batting at 3 soon. The mere concept gives me the creepy crawlies, but I can see the selectors justifying it on the grounds that he's usually batting inside the first 10 overs anyway.

kingdamo

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Taylor is going to be asked to start batting at 3 soon. The mere concept gives me the creepy crawlies, but I can see the selectors justifying it on the grounds that he's usually batting inside the first 10 overs anyway.
Wouldn't be a bad move IMO, let us hope that he doesn't prove to be our new Fleming in more ways than one though.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori mentioned Broom, Cumming and Watling so they might be in-line for a call up :happy:
When did he say this?

I don't think Brodie has done enough yet. Maybe next season. Let him build up some confidence. Ditto Williamson needs another 'A' tour where he scores some runs.

I am voting for the 3 names Howsie has mentioned here.

I would like to replace Elliot as well. Williamson would be perfect if he was ready.

Finally - I think Guptil should be persevered with he scored a 50 in this series. I just think he is a poor opener. Put him at 3.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha tbf even though I hate it, I think I raised the idea as well. If people that hate the idea can see the logic, then the idea has probably been raised.

Anyway, if Howsie is correct then Sinclair, Broom and Watling have been called up so its all academic. Flynn still being persisted with but surely its his last chance.

Sinclair will probably score 200 then dropped for Ryder. :p

Actualy thats a point, this could be Flynns last chance. The selectors might be setting up Sinclair as a caretaker number three for a year or so (assumign Flynn ****s up) while we wait and see what Williamson, Merchant, Patton, Todd and co. do or until our mercenary Myburgh qualifies.

Because if he's batting at five or six its a bit illogical considering 4-6 is where we have most...okay all of the domestic batting depth with Kitchen, De Boorder, Williamson, Sinclair, Taylor, Patton or Weston (dependent on Pattons batting position), Ryder, Merchant, Franklin, Elliott, Broom, Stewart.....thats a lot of people younger than Skippy and still with big numbers in many cases. They may well be hoping he can do a decent job for a year at three.

Fully expect Flynn to flat track bully a century and earn himself 30 tests. Least we haven't left that door open for McIntosh and the rest.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Congrads to Asif. He is a special bowler for Pakistan............

Feel bad for Taylor for missing out on the ton.....(i did actually feel bad)...

Loved the sparring between gul and taylor.......Taylor won it as far as i see it...

Over all series is nicely setup, NZ will have some new faces in their team...the X factor certainly with NZ for Napier...

Would like to know how does that pitch usually plays out at Napier? Seaming? Flat? or ideal which has something for everyone?