• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's the most solid I've ever seen Martin bat for 3 balls, looks comfortable for em!

Flem274*

123/5
Thats probably the game. Congrats Pakistan, mainly the bowlers. Lifted their team to a victory despite the batsmen sucking and droppin catches.

Fusion

Global Moderator
And that's that. I'm glad we won, but consider ourselves very fortunate. In fact, there is a deep sense of anger and disappointment in me as well. How can an International side be so atrocious in fielding? It's beyond believe. Add the batting failures, and there is enough reason to worry going forward to the 3rd Test.

The positive is obviously the bowling and Umer. The Asif/Gul/Aamer pace attack has the potential to be the best in the world. And Umer! I think I may be in love!

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Comment on our inept batting.

I hope that Taylor's 97 and the fact we got 250 runs doesn't make the selectors feel that they don't need to ring the changes.

Vettori didn't commit to whether there would be changes in his interview.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Would fully expect McIntosh, Fulton, Elliott and possibly one of Flynn or Guptill to be shown the door.

Sinclair, Broom, How to come in for me.

Guptill
How
Flynn
Sinclair
Taylor
Broom
McCullum
Vettori
Tuffey
O'Brien
Martin

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The positive is obviously the bowling and Umer. The Asif/Gul/Aamer pace attack has the potential to be the best in the world. And Umer! I think I may be in love!
Fantastic....just brilliant.. The bowlers have saved Pakistan's asses. The batting is still terrible. It was only the 165 run lead in the first innings that made the difference.

The only thing I am looking forward to for the upcoming Australia series is our bowling against the Aussie batting. Otherwise we all know its going to be a 0-3 drubbing!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
And that's that. I'm glad we won, but consider ourselves very fortunate. In fact, there is a deep sense of anger and disappointment in me as well. How can an International side be so atrocious in fielding? It's beyond believe. Add the batting failures, and there is enough reason to worry going forward to the 3rd Test.

Between the two teams you could put together one side that would be fairly competitive with the best test teams at the moment.... and one horrendous team that would struggle against Bangladesh.

Though opening batsmen might be a problem even for the good team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Between the two teams you could put together one side that would be fairly competitive with the best test teams at the moment.... and one horrendous team that would struggle against Bangladesh.

Though opening batsmen might be a problem even for the good team.
The Pakistan - NZ combined XI

Openers being the biggest issue

Farhat
Butt/Guptill
MoYo
Taylor
Umar
Misbah - another slightly weakish spot
Kamran
Vettori
Aamer
Asif
Martin/Gul/O'Brien/Tuffey all pretty equal.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would fully expect McIntosh, Fulton, Elliott and possibly one of Flynn or Guptill to be shown the door.

Sinclair, Broom, How to come in for me.

Guptill
How
Flynn
Sinclair
Taylor
Broom
McCullum
Vettori
Tuffey
O'Brien
Martin
Looks pretty good. Definitely Fulton for Broom. Also agree with McIntosh out, but could be for Watling, Cumming or How. Not sure which one I'd prefer so hopefully the selectors make a good decision.

Sinclair though................. I just can't escape the feeling that bringing him back is a pipe dream and he'll bat like Fulton has the last couple of matches.

Can dream however :)