• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
The Pakistan - NZ combined XI

Openers being the biggest issue

Farhat
Butt/Guptill
MoYo
Taylor
Umar
Misbah - another slightly weakish spot
Kamran
Vettori
Aamer
Asif
Martin/Gul/O'Brien/Tuffey all pretty equal.
Would be tempted to pick two of Gul/Martin/Tuffey/O'Brien and drop Misbah. Aamer bats 8.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
The Pakistan - NZ combined XI

Openers being the biggest issue

Farhat
Butt/Guptill
MoYo
Taylor
Umar
Misbah - another slightly weakish spot
Kamran
Vettori
Aamer
Asif
Martin/Gul/O'Brien/Tuffey all pretty equal.
Farhat??? Please dont pick him..This is coming from a frustrated Pakistan supporter. You dont know how it feels to have him in the team, cant bat, cant field, cant bowl.

Howsie

International Captain
Thoughts on Taylor people? I've only just noticed this of late but he's been dam consistant this year in test cricket, and for a 25 year old that has to carry a whole team that's encouraging for the future.

Anyone reckon he'd walk into any test team in the world at the moment?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cumming, How, Sinclair? Why would we go back to them, How hasn't even scored runs ffs.
Because Cumming was dropped due to injury and never given a decent run and he has scored 987 @ 54.83 since 08-09.

Other guys who should be close to the team or that others have mentioned are:

Broom 760 @ 54.29

Franklin 1769 @ 55.28

Sinclair 1193 @ 70.18

Williamson 849 @ 42.45

How 924 @ 34.22

Brodie 573 @ 35.88

Watling 373 @ 33.91

Athlai

Not Terrible
Thoughts on Taylor people? I've only just noticed this of late but he's been dam consistant this year in test cricket, and for a 25 year old that has to carry a whole team that's encouraging for the future.

Anyone reckon he'd walk into any test team in the world at the moment?
Bangladesh - Yes
West Indies - Yes
Pakistan - Yes
Sri Lanka - Yes
England - Probably
Australia - Probably not
South Africa - Probably not
India - Probably not

I'm reasonably sure his ICC ranking is now higher than Fleming's ever making this bit of form by Taylor greater than any patch in Fleming's career. These runs have been great considering how top quality the bowling of Pakistan is.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
^ With the exception of Yurvaj, who shouldn't be playing Test cricket atm

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Would fully expect McIntosh, Fulton, Elliott and possibly one of Flynn or Guptill to be shown the door.

Sinclair, Broom, How to come in for me.

Guptill
How
Flynn
Sinclair
Taylor
Broom
McCullum
Vettori
Tuffey
O'Brien
Martin
No way will Taylor go down the order with so many changes, he's at 4 for sure.

Howsie

International Captain
Yuvraj Singh
Marcus North
Angelo Mathews (He's not much of a bowler anyway)

Probably next to no chance making the South African team at the moment though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He'd be going for the middle lower order of most of those teams. Yuvraj vs. Taylor would be interesting.
Yeah, as I was trying to beat you in saying, Yurvaj doesn't really count because most smart enough cricket followers know he's not close to the best option in the Indian test lineup

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yuvraj Singh
Marcus North
Angelo Mathews (He's not much of a bowler anyway)

Probably next to no chance making the South African team at the moment though.
Taylor would still not 'walk' into any of those teams besides Sri Lanka though. He'd definitely be in contention for all the major Test teams in his current form.

Howsie

International Captain
Because Cumming was dropped due to injury and never given a decent run and he has scored 987 @ 54.83 since 08-09.

Other guys who should be close to the team or that others have mentioned are:

Broom 760 @ 54.29

Franklin 1769 @ 55.28

Sinclair 1193 @ 70.18

Williamson 849 @ 42.45

How 924 @ 34.22

Brodie 573 @ 35.88

Watling 373 @ 33.91
Brodie has also scored 124 and 57 in two games against the England Lions that didn't count as FC games. He was the only player to score runs when he made that 100.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh - Yes
West Indies - Yes
Pakistan - Yes
Sri Lanka - Yes
England - Probably
Australia - Probably not
South Africa - Probably not
India - Probably not

I'm reasonably sure his ICC ranking is now higher than Fleming's ever making this bit of form by Taylor greater than any patch in Fleming's career. These runs have been great considering how top quality the bowling of Pakistan is.
I think he would be touch and go with the English team mainly because they usually only have 5 batsman with Prior at 6.

Also, he would only make Sri Lanka if they decided to play 6 batsman instead of Matthews at 6. Taylor > Matthews in terms of batting for sure.

EDIT - you've pretty much mentioned this 3 posts above.